News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Roles for females in the security industry
« Last post by evinidenk on July 30, 2021, 04:52:34 am »
I'm not sure gender really plays a role in the security field, but I would encourage you to not let your gender limit you? As long as security systems or cameras are things that you're passionate about it can be a really fun job. You can play around with different solutions to meet your customer's needs. For example one of my favorite cases is combining Axis camera+Skyrec VMS+BOSCH safety alarm and it was really rewarding to see how satisfied my client was. You can look up these companies and watch some demo videos if they have any.
General Discussion / Re: Dad or boyfriend who works in the security industry?
« Last post by efohnsoj on July 30, 2021, 12:05:45 am »
Yeah my boyfriend, my father, and I had a long talk one day and I think my father is much more accepting right now. After seeing the company's(skyrec) demo and listening to my boyfriend explain the work he does, my father hasn't mentioned the breakup thing for a while. He probably still has his doubts, but I don't think it'll sabotage my relationship for now haha.
General Discussion / Re: Need help with choosing NVR
« Last post by LucianFFSS on July 29, 2021, 11:37:21 pm »
skyrecc is really easy, check this link to see the demo video of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8s1gOA0acY&t=14s
General Discussion / Re: Need VMS to detect social distance
« Last post by vamith1010 on July 29, 2021, 10:41:00 pm »
Hey OP I saw a demo video recently and thought you'd might be interested! I don't think it mentioned mask detection much, but object search functions might also be something you're looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWKJP0g0tzk
General Discussion / Re: Alternative of IVA (or powerful VMS)
« Last post by benbarton12 on July 28, 2021, 06:29:47 am »
Well I used to buy Briefcam until I realized that it's quite hard to use with other VMS. The function of Briefcam itself is impressive and all but still too pricey in my opinion. I switched to another vendor called Skyrec earlier this year and it's pretty affordable and has similar functions. You could google their website though I don't think there is much to see. They do have good reviews though.
My sister is teaching in senior high school. According to her, the interaction (or they call it engagement) is rather important when facing kids around 17 years old. So what they did was to put security cameras in the classroom, and analyze how often the teacher leave the black/white board area and move towards to the students. That's the one thing I remember from my last chat with my sister. If you want to know more, I can ask her.
I think I've heard of this before! A system integrator friend of mine mentioned that campus/ teacher evaluating is one of the things they do. I'll drop a link below in case you want to check if this is what you or the school have in mind. I'm not sure how the whole procedure goes but hopefully the link will give you a better idea!
https://www.skyrec.cc/#/main/solution/campus?t=1625908238773
General Discussion / Re: Decent security system that does behavior analytics?
« Last post by ickoodwd on July 27, 2021, 04:16:38 am »
Oh I know Briefcam and yeah their functions are nice but definitely on the more expensive side. Another brand I've heard of is SkyREC. From what I know, it consists video management software plus video analytics function, and I believe it does the function you mentioned? Their price is much more affordable too.
General Discussion / Re: Can I reuse a baby camera
« Last post by ickoodwd on July 27, 2021, 12:49:18 am »
My wife's friend actually uses their old baby camera as an entrance monitoring equipment! But they also installed some another cameras at another angle to make sure there're no blind spots. Oh and for your reference, they also use skyrec's vms to set up some customized alarms to ensure higher safety. Hope this helped  ;D
General Discussion / Re: Lost cloud video footage
« Last post by ohrownjb on July 26, 2021, 10:31:17 pm »
First of all, VSaaS might not be that safe as you think, so it's better for you to change the system from now.I am an integrator and I use regular camera plus VMS on pc to watch the house for me, so I can make sure all the video footage is saved without issues. I'm not sure if we can include brand names on this forum but if you'd like to learn more about specific brands you can Google Axis and SkyREC VMS, which is the system I use.
General Discussion / Clothing detecting systems?
« Last post by mblake847 on July 22, 2021, 01:36:57 am »
So my sister's personal gallery was set on fire last week and though she's fine (thank god), they have to rebuild some parts of the gallery. My sister recalls that before the fire, a person claimed that he saw a suspicious man wandering around the gallery. He forgot the man's face but still remembers the outfit. To hopefully catch the arsonist and ensure that something like this won't happen again, my sister wants to set up a better video monitor system that's able to preset a clothing or outfit and will set off an alarm if it shows up. Though it's quite unlikely that the arsonist will return, not to say in the same outfit, but we still want to give it a shot. Any suggestions?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10