News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Poll

Install CCTV for a thrift store myself

CCTV
0 (0%)
store
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Install CCTV for a thrift store myself  (Read 3812 times)

• No avatar
July 01, 2021, 01:04:02 am
Hello. I currently work for a thrift store, and we only have a few cameras in the store now. The system integrator said we should put 32 wide-angle cameras in total to prevent theft.

But my boss doesn't want to spend the money, so he asked me to just put some fake cameras to scare people. TBH, I personally don't think dammy cameras help if anything happens.

The integrator told us it usually takes two nights cuz they need to cover the whole display area from dust. I’m considering making the system myself by pulling cables and installing the cameras with my friend. Does it mean it will take us longer than 2 nights?"

• No avatar
July 02, 2021, 07:36:53 am
It might take more than one night depends on your store size, if it's a wide-open space, and the display area you need to cover to avoid dust. It's better that you find some expert to help you.

• No avatar
July 03, 2021, 09:38:20 am
From my experience, 6 cameras takes about 2-3 hours if there aren't anything to be covered. Hope you're not seriously considering about fake cameras cuz it's a waste of time. Just get some Hikvision to go with Skyrec VMS put on a pc. The total cost is pretty low, and it works better than the fake cameras.