News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: How To Scan The .ASF Files Created By My Software?  (Read 5230 times)

December 18, 2011, 05:10:31 am

I mean scan swiftly and easily - like dragging the slider along the bar and seeing the 'movie' scan by just as quickly, stopping when you stop, where you stop. Just like I do when editing movies in other software.

The software I use for monitoring my IP cameras (Foscam knockoffs)is good software but it produces these .ASF files and it won't scan them in that manner. It will only offer 'speed up' - where I can play back sped up to a max of x 32  (well, that's on the list but actually it only goes to x 16 for me).

That's not good enough.

These files are typically about 5 Gigabytes and cover 3 hours of camera time.

I can find no software that will do this scanning for me.

I can find no software that will convert them to .AVI for me - all the software I find that claims to do that simply gives me about 10 minutes of the file, instead of the 3 hours.

I can find no software that will cut them up into smaller chunks for me - all the software that I can does the same thing as the conversion software.

So I need either:

1.  software that will take these 5G files and scan them in a professional manner as described. OR
 2.  software that will take these 5G files and convert them into something useful like .AVI  OR
 3.  software that will do either of these will smaller .ASF files AND software that will take these 5G files and make them smaller.

Can anyone help ?

• No avatar
December 30, 2011, 12:29:44 am
Whats the software you use?

Maybe you'll need to convert asf (a windows / microsoft format) to something more cross platform like avi or mp4 so its more usable.

• No avatar
December 30, 2011, 08:28:59 am
I don't know about 5G sized files, but for my files I use vlc (video lan client) and mediaplayer classic without a problem.