News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: Remove "Manufacture's DDNS" from Wansview NCL615W  (Read 6682 times)

November 27, 2014, 10:01:55 am
Hi,
I am having problems removing the "Manufacture's DDNS" from this Wansview NCL615W camera,
the camera index page has the ability to set "Manufacture's DDNS" to enable or disable but when I set it to disable it does nothing, it still keeps updating the IP.

"I have shutdown the camera completely and changed location with different IP and I could directly access the camera with the DDNS"

so I contacted the wansview support and got this answer: "Check with Engneer, the DDNS cannot be disabled"
why have they added a button that does nothing?

The camera has telnet running and I can log in, if it would help removing the ddns?

I am kinda new to this but have worked with networking

I would really appreciate any help  :)

Thanks

November 27, 2014, 05:14:55 pm
Hi,
I am having problems removing the "Manufacture's DDNS" from this Wansview NCL615W camera,
the camera index page has the ability to set "Manufacture's DDNS" to enable or disable but when I set it to disable it does nothing, it still keeps updating the IP.

"I have shutdown the camera completely and changed location with different IP and I could directly access the camera with the DDNS"

so I contacted the wansview support and got this answer: "Check with Engneer, the DDNS cannot be disabled"
why have they added a button that does nothing?

The camera has telnet running and I can log in, if it would help removing the ddns?

I am kinda new to this but have worked with networking

I would really appreciate any help  :)

Thanks

Please see this:

http://foscam.us/forum/security-concern-with-myfoscam-org-t3728-20.html#p20113

Note: Disabling most DDNS services does not remove/delete the last known ISP IP Address it had, for you.

Disabling that DDNS simply means it will no longer update any new ISP IP Address to any new IP Address you get from your ISP, in the future. Once you disable that DDNS in a device for example.

So. If your ISP IP Address remains the same as it was when a DDNS last updated that ISP IP Address. Disabling the DDNS wont FIX that.

This is why you need to use the methods above to force a Broadband ISP to automatically assign you a different ISP IP Address. Making whatever DDNS that's now disabled to be capable of using the old ISP IP Address to your network and/or cameras. Since that ISP IP Address no longer is your ISP IP Address.

Don
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 05:31:09 pm by TheUberOverLord »