News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: iprobot3 camera board/module?  (Read 5689 times)

• No avatar
July 19, 2015, 04:34:22 pm
Hello, is it possible to use the camera board separately through usb or a ardiuno ?..  anyone know the pinout on the red and black connectors used by some clones in the 2014 versions?     

The reason I ask is because my veevo (I believe it was) fell and landed pretty hard, after that the ethernet port quit working and I haven't been able to get anything to come up with a tty-usb on j9? i think it is.. (under the chip)   so I would like to salvage something other than the motors and wifi from the camera..

Thanks for any input..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:02:33 am by ayagle »

• No avatar
July 30, 2015, 11:23:54 am
no body knows anything about the camera daughter board on this model? is it completely dependent on the main pcb?

Thanks..

August 02, 2015, 01:34:28 pm
no body knows anything about the camera daughter board on this model? is it completely dependent on the main pcb?

Thanks..

Wi-Fi daughter boards in Network IP Cameras usually depend on the Network IP Camera have and load the Wi-Fi drivers in the Network IP Cameras main PCB memory.

Therefor because the Wi-Fi daughter boards depend on the Network IP Camera to load those Wi-Fi drivers. The Wi-Fi daughter boards are dependent on the as you say "The main PCB" or as I say the Network IP Cameras firmware stored in memory.

Many cameras do support using a ("Slave not Host") USB interface. Not all. So you should contact the manufacturer and see if this is the case and get the Pin Outs required to use it.

For example all Foscam MJPEG based Network IP Cameras support a slave USB interface that when used can turn those cameras into web cams as needed as well. When these Foscam MJPEG based Network IP Cameras are being used in Web Cam mode. They don't require using the normal power supply and get all their power from the USB interface.

The manufacturer of the iprobot3, is Tenvis and contact information can be found here:

http://apps.tenvis.com/

Note: This is not to say that the Wi-Fi boards can't be used alone or in some other device. They just need to have drivers is all. Like from a Windows system when/if they were connected to a Windows USB port. They get their DC voltage from the USB port ("As a slave USB device") so they don't require other power sources minus wiring them for the USB interface.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:50:07 am by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
August 02, 2015, 02:17:02 pm
I am familiar with the wifi board, its not what I was questioning about.. I need to know if anyone knows the pinout for the camera board itself...    there are about 10 red and 10 black wires going from the camera board to the main pcb..         but, thank you..

August 03, 2015, 02:43:03 am
I am familiar with the wifi board, its not what I was questioning about.. I need to know if anyone knows the pinout for the camera board itself...    there are about 10 red and 10 black wires going from the camera board to the main pcb..         but, thank you..

Odds are pretty good that the manufacturer of the iprobot3 knows at lesat two things which pertain to your questions here:

1. If the USB interface you are looking at is a slave or host USB interface. Since it would need to be a slave USB interface to access it as a web cam.

2. What the pin outs are for the USB interface, that you are looking at.

This is why I gave you a link to the manufacturers website in my prior post here. So that you can at least try to see if they are willing to provide this information to you.

Many manufacturers are willing to give out this kind of information. So, it's worth a try.

Don
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:48:13 am by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
August 03, 2015, 08:45:07 am
I did just email them, so I will post here if they are helpful or not, and if so, the info for others to enjoy..     mine was a veevo brand so I don't know if it would be exactly the same or not..     

Thanks again

• No avatar
August 07, 2015, 01:22:17 am
no help from tenvis customer support, they did try and sent some pictures with labels pointing to the connectors, but no pinouts for the j1 (black) and j2 (red) for the cmos sensor board.   if anyone is good at tracing these sorts of things, could you give me some tips on how to find which pins might be power and common? perhaps i can figure the rest out, but IDK honestly..