News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Foscam F18910W recording  (Read 15763 times)

• No avatar
January 10, 2013, 07:34:26 pm
Having problems recording a file. It appears to record, I save and then can't see the file. If i record again, when I goto save I can see the previous saved file and it's size, but, again after saving can't see it to open. I know the folder where it is supposed to be. I'm using Win7 with IE, so active x . Contacting Foscam support they are now suggesting I use VLC. I really don't want to do that.
Any suggestions ?

January 10, 2013, 07:39:59 pm
1. The directory you want to save the recording to, must exist and it can't be a protected directory like the root of C: as an example.

2. You must add your Cameras IP Address to your trusted sites in IE ("Internet Explorer"). This is because the ActiveX interface needs access to your drives to store the recording. Without doing this, you can't save any recordings automatically on alarms.

3. If your system is 64 bit based, please see this as well:

http://foscam.us/forum/set-recording-path-t2952.html#p13412

Don
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:11:38 pm by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
January 10, 2013, 09:08:20 pm
It seems I have to use VLC to be able to see and read the file. A bit of a nuisance.
Thanks for your reply-Bob

January 10, 2013, 09:40:05 pm
It seems I have to use VLC to be able to see and read the file. A bit of a nuisance.
Thanks for your reply-Bob

You are very welcome.

This is not true. Not sure why you think this.

1. VLC does not make files be seen. It's a Media Player.

2. The standard camera interface that comes with the FI8910W saves the recorded video files as .avi files that can be played using Windows Media Player. I have Win7 systems and do this often.

Don
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:54:08 pm by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
January 11, 2013, 01:05:34 pm
The reason is that I couldn't find a solution to why the files were hidden. Contacted Foscam and after a couple of back and forth things to try, they said use VLC. I did and it's ok, I can see and playback the recordings. It's a solution.
Bob

April 06, 2013, 11:54:06 am
Hi all,
i have the same problem here with my foscam ipcam.
i can only see the recordings when i what to save the recording path.
playing them with vlc or windows media player don't work.
why are the recordings hidden en why i can't playback any ?

thnx in advance

• No avatar
June 03, 2014, 01:24:48 pm
I have found a work-around to this problem, at least for Win 7 Pro and IE9. If you save your recordings anywhere in the Videos folder, you can see them in Windows Explorer.