News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: vstarcam F6836W  (Read 10703 times)

June 24, 2012, 08:33:22 am
Hey guys,

I've got a vstarcam F6836W (http://www.vstarcam.com/Indoor-PTZ-Dome-IP-Camera-20.html) Their support is diabolical and the camera itself does not work particularly well (random resets resulting in pointing to the sky, terrible motion detection)

Do you know if I can reflash this with the firmware of one of the other models listed on this website? I did search both the wiki and the forums but I couldn't find any reference to this model. Please excuse my ignorance but where can I start trying to update this (if at all?)

many thanks!

June 24, 2012, 11:31:48 am
...Do you know if I can reflash this with the firmware of one of the other models listed on this website?...
Doing so will most likely brick the camera. You should contact the manufacturer's support and see if there is a firmware update.

the camera itself does not work particularly well
Get a Foscam or WansView - they do work particularly well.

P.S.: Did you look on the vstarcam website? The SERVICES tab has a download item "materials for updating TF card" that contains a new firmware load complete with instructions. It holds two versions:
V1
Firmware Version: 0.0.0.1.xx
Embeded Web UI Version: v32.0.0.xx

V2
Firmware Version:  0.1.0.2.xx
Embeded Web UI Version: v32.1.0.xx

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:36:26 am by celem »