News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: CGI script location  (Read 4353 times)

July 08, 2011, 05:22:55 pm
Hi,

I try to understand how the FOSCAM software is working internally.

My goal is to hack the camera so the ftp create a file with the same name, and not a new name every image sent.

I unpack both the romfs and the webui image.

By looking at the romfs file, there doesn't seem to be anything unusual beside the program "/bin/camera". I do not see any web server, nothing. It is possible that "camera" is the web server.

I also try to find the cgi file, no luck.

Anyone would be kind to help me understand how this is working

Thank

• No avatar
July 08, 2011, 10:18:02 pm
The camera executable does everything in the default firmware.

There are some smaller executables for wifi and pppoe, but the majority of stuff is done in the monolithic camera app.
If you read the forum posts you'd see that I've mentioned this a number of times, including disassembling the camera app and going through the code to see how things get implemented.

Thats the bad news.

The good news is that I have pretty much completed my 2.6 kernel, so redoing things isn't as hard as it was in 2.4 (as 2.4 didn't have many drivers, and the newer usb camera SoC needed drivers backported).

I'll probably make a release for that soonish (my linux dev box isn't booting, so need to fix that grr)

See the 2.6 message in the general forum for updates on that.