News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: Camera stopped working how recovering telnet?  (Read 5292 times)

• No avatar
November 30, 2015, 03:06:02 pm
Good evening,

I recently acquired a brand camera COTIER :
Equipment Version: 5300 - mt9p006
Software Version : V2.3.4.2102 -S50 -SMA - B20150625D

http://www.lightinthebox.com/fr/camera-ip-ptz-etanche-jour-nuit-detection-de-presence-dual-stream-acces-a-distance-coupure-infrarouge-wi-fi-protected-setup-pret-a_p4219816.html

But I for some concern with it : ir LED flashing in red constantly night Consequently an image which also flashes .
Then the PTZ function that no longer works , you can not start a movement by the interface without the camera does plant.

So I wanted to inject a new firmware from another camera hi3510 but I eventually bricked the camera.

So I refer to you, could you give me a tip to retrieve the camera and do you have a firmware compatible with the camera ?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:33:19 pm by ddeep »

• No avatar
December 01, 2015, 08:12:26 am
Can you tell me where the jtag is? on PCB

• No avatar
December 02, 2015, 04:44:09 am
I'd try C-Tx and C-Rx first, then Rx and Tx allways in relation to gnd.
It would be easier if you have an oscilloscope.
Initially I would just connect the input of my serial port sequentially to the four pins and see if there is any "intelligible" output.
Beware that this is 3V3 Logic, so you need a converter (RS232 or USB whatever you have).

• No avatar
December 02, 2015, 10:37:18 am
OK thank you.

I will test Saturday when I will receive the USB - TTL adapter.

I have no oscilloscope does this risk anything if I try to connect the adapter directly to C- RX , C-TX and GND ?

The 3.3V are supplied by the USB port on the computer ?

If I could retrieve an oscilloscope what should I do with it? can you explain me?

Thank you.

• No avatar
December 03, 2015, 05:38:40 am
no, in general there is no risk involved connecting the input of the serial2usb converter to any pin, except ones with more than 3V3 (logic) level, but that would most probably only damage your converter.

You only connect gnd, Tx and Rx, 3V3 will not be connected at all. The cam has its own 3V3 supply as has the converter.

The oscilloscope would just have made it easier to find "output" pins..

• No avatar
December 03, 2015, 01:56:45 pm
OK,
I connected my converter on cr-x, c-tx and gnd, but nothing. If I remove the GND I have some thing putty or tera term but it is unreadable with unknown symbols. Do you have an idea ?

This is how the chip and the serial port, information taken in the documentation:
Is this C-C-RX and TX where I have to plug my USB-TTL adapter?

Here's what I have on the electronic board

The documentation for the serial port

Does someone can help me to correctly connect my adapter?
Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:55:24 pm by ddeep »

• No avatar
December 04, 2015, 04:36:55 pm
I managed to communicate with the microcontroller STC15F2K60S2 at the jtag J2 use 5V by using the STC -ISP software. But I do not see the uboot in a putty or tera term, there is nothing .

Is it possible that there is no bootloader in this microcontroller ?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:41:35 pm by ddeep »