News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2543 times)

• No avatar
September 30, 2015, 02:12:58 pm
Since this is the general dicussion forum I thought I'd pop by and say hello. I'm an enthusiast and by cheap gadgets to play around with. Been hacking at this for three days and finally have a working custom firmware for the x.37.2.x range.

I found an awesome guide where the guy uses GDB and Qemu to use the `camera` binary to calculate the correct checksums to sign your own firmware (not WebUI). In the coming days I plan on taking it a bit further, I'll reverse the whole function in IDA and probably upload a script on Github that does it all for you (don't think there is one yet?).

Anyway, just thought I'd say thanks for all the resources here, I ended up on this site several times during my adventure, and thanks for hosting tools and firmware.

Also since this forum seems to be more visited than the hacking & modding one perhaps I'll repeat my question here: Does anyone know the path to the WebUI html and image files are stored on the device itself (on 11.37.2.51, although it looks like it'd be the same on others)?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:27:45 pm by alexksak »