News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: What Happens After Reset?  (Read 4544 times)

• No avatar
May 28, 2015, 09:53:31 pm
I have a couple of Foscam clones.  Lost the password for one of them.  Did a hard reset with a piece of wire and the thing rebooted, went into that seek patrolling sequence.

But now I can't connect with it at all.

What should happen after a reset?  Just resets the password or more than that?  Which is what it looks like.

Have to go back to hooking up with ethernet, finding it, configuring IP address and everything, is that right?

• No avatar
May 29, 2015, 01:31:26 am
> Have to go back to hooking up with ethernet, finding it, configuring IP address and everything, is that > right?

that is what usually is expected to happen ...

in general: most of the fw have a default user/password and IP:port (or dhcp active) after reset to factory defaults (aka "hard reset"); user/pass and IP:port should be mentioned on the cam, dhcp would show up in your router. Cam-finder app could be helpfull.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:37:49 am by schufti »

• No avatar
May 29, 2015, 08:03:07 pm
Thanks for that.

Yes, the default IP turns out to be the one I've been using it with all this time: 192.168.199:99

Didn't know that until I looked on the bottom after reading your post.

Can't connect to it.  'Too long to respond' is what I get.

Can't ping it, either.  'request timed out'.

But it lights up and goes through the startup patrol when I power on.  And just once, the first time I tried, I got a page from it but ever since then nothing but time outs.

Is it hopelessly broken or there's a procedure I should/could follow?

Yes, IP cam finding software.. I've got some, a little prog, it found it and a couple others I've got, straightaway.  But that's all it does. Just lists the IP's of the cams it finds.

that spam test was a bit of a hassle.  what number comes before yan an tong whatever in the address?  what address? i didn't see that chinese (?) name anywhere... fortunately after a few fails where i just guessed at any number the system has thrown up a new set of tests...

• No avatar
June 01, 2015, 02:11:35 am
did you try a "right click" on the cam in the finder? It should pop up a menu...
Does the finder show the correct ip of the cam? Usually they respond to ping.

If all fails the only thing to do is to connect via serial console.
see this thread
and the wiki about details.

• No avatar
June 01, 2015, 08:02:03 am

I did try a right click and nothing came up.  I think I've got other ipcam finding stuff if I look for it.

"If all fails"?  What is 'all' ?  What else is there to try, anything?

I think nothing. There's nothing to try is there?

So if it doesn't go I'll try this 'firmware recovery' thing. Thanks for the link to that. If it works I might be able to recover another one I have that broke down more'n a year ago in the same way, looks alive but can't be connected to.

thanks.

:)

• No avatar
June 02, 2015, 02:20:12 am
Hi,
"if all fails" ment "if nobody comes up with a better solution"...

you don't have to "recover" yet. First we take a look at the bootlog and see what is happening. For most failures there is a simple reason.

• No avatar
June 02, 2015, 08:37:34 am

Oh, okay.  That's hopeful.

I'll try to start it up again tomorrow and then I'll look for the bootlog.  Let you know what I find out.

This is the most positive stuff I've ever run across regarding these foscam clones since I've had them - and that must  be four years now I'd guess....

:)