News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: How to upload homebrew RAM firmware on Mac OS X  (Read 6116 times)

April 24, 2011, 03:47:22 pm
Hello, Lawrence!

I started to assemble the robot which uses FOSCAM clone. It's wery useful stuff If I can go deeper inside:) I was following Your blog and now We have an OpenIpCam.com. So, we can collect all the info there.

But, I got stuck, cause I'm noob.

I want to check Your RAM firmware but how can I upload it on Mac OS .
I have no hyperterminal there so I cannot use your advice which I quoted below

Waiting for download
Press Ctrl-x to cancel … (while it waits, you have to select Transfer > Send File in Hyperterminal menu, choose the Xmodem protocol and select my rom image)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Could You advice any terminal apps which allows to upload the files. Or probably I can use screen, but I don't know how.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:50:47 pm by moldov »

April 29, 2011, 02:00:02 pm
Now after two days of investigating I found the solution how to upload Roms on Mac OS X. So if some one need it, You can request and I'll put it here. It's not so hard but You need to setup DHCP on Mac OS X

• No avatar
May 12, 2011, 09:08:34 pm
Plenty of solutions in OSX (thats what I use) in conjunction with a vm for developing.

For Terminal stuff, I just use Terminal which is built in.  On Windows I generally use Putty.

SecureCRT isn't bad either.  Terminate used to be good too, but haven't used that since my BBS days (dating myself here).

Or you could use Minicom.., or be really really masochistic and use lrzsz.

Lots and lots of options.

I guess I could do a writeup on how I do it myself if there is enough need.