News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Poll

Roles for females in the security industry

security industry
0 (0%)
integrator
0 (0%)
integration
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Roles for females in the security industry  (Read 3532 times)

• No avatar
July 10, 2021, 06:23:37 am
Hello, I'm a student. I've been thinking about my future, especially the job I want to have. Basically, I'm more interested in technology especially video and security. Maybe it's because my uncle is a security guard, and I heard many stories from him. Since I am a girl, my uncle doesn't recommend me to join his company. Instead, he thinks maybe I can apply for an internship later at a company making cameras or systems. I'm curious what kind of position do females usually do in a security company or system manufacturer besides sales and marketing jobs? I want to study more before I apply for it. Thank you.

• No avatar
July 30, 2021, 04:52:34 am
I'm not sure gender really plays a role in the security field, but I would encourage you to not let your gender limit you? As long as security systems or cameras are things that you're passionate about it can be a really fun job. You can play around with different solutions to meet your customer's needs. For example one of my favorite cases is combining Axis camera+Skyrec VMS+BOSCH safety alarm and it was really rewarding to see how satisfied my client was. You can look up these companies and watch some demo videos if they have any.