News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Poll

Alternative of IVA (or powerful VMS) recommendation

IVA
0 (0%)
VMS
0 (0%)
BriefCam
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Alternative of IVA (or powerful VMS)  (Read 4503 times)

• No avatar
July 04, 2021, 01:59:03 am
Hi, the question below is for professional integrators if there are any of them here.

I work in the security business, and recently I have been testing a few VMS software from the market. Some VMS is very professional and some are just good to have, but nothing special.

For IVA, I personally like BriefCam since the search function by conditions is incomparable. But I also noticed that if the user wants to add more video analytics functions to VMS, the total cost will be double or more. For example, if I use Nx plus BriefCam, the cost of IVA is much higher than VMS, and the final cost will be hard to accept by some regular business owners (I mean not big corporations).

I wonder if there is any way to reduce the cost of the IVA like BriefCam besides buying a lot of licenses at one time to get discounts. Or is there any replacement for BriefCam (similar functions are fine)? I just don't want to spend $300 on a single camera just for analytics, and I believe neither does my client."

• No avatar
July 28, 2021, 06:29:47 am
Well I used to buy Briefcam until I realized that it's quite hard to use with other VMS. The function of Briefcam itself is impressive and all but still too pricey in my opinion. I switched to another vendor called Skyrec earlier this year and it's pretty affordable and has similar functions. You could google their website though I don't think there is much to see. They do have good reviews though.