News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Poll

Teaching enhancement via cameras

camera
0 (0%)
campus
0 (0%)
teaching
0 (0%)
iva
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Teaching enhancement via cameraTeaching enhancement via camera  (Read 5851 times)

• No avatar
July 02, 2021, 05:41:02 am
Hi. My wife is a school teacher, and she also helps the academic affairs office with projects from time to time. Recently, the school is about to kick off a project to optimize teaching quality. And that became an interesting conversation between us.

I basically think if the evaluation is only based on how students perform on the exams, the whole result will be not objective enough. I mean I was a naughty kid but my teacher back in junior high was a great one. Based on my personal profession as an integrator, I naturally think the best way is to record how teachers act in class, and maybe squeeze out some data as a base. Any better ideas?

• No avatar
July 03, 2021, 09:31:42 am
Using the camera is the most efficient way but I think the key is how to make the teachers feel ok with it. For campus enhancement I've helped built lately, we use IVA to analyze how the teacher walks around, which areas he or she spends the most engaging with the students, and another camera to check student's concentration I think the school is quite happy for the data they've got so far.

• No avatar
July 04, 2021, 02:32:12 am
My sister is teaching in senior high school. According to her, the interaction (or they call it engagement) is rather important when facing kids around 17 years old. So what they did was to put security cameras in the classroom, and analyze how often the teacher leave the black/white board area and move towards to the students. That's the one thing I remember from my last chat with my sister. If you want to know more, I can ask her.

• No avatar
July 28, 2021, 04:14:00 am
My sister is teaching in senior high school. According to her, the interaction (or they call it engagement) is rather important when facing kids around 17 years old. So what they did was to put security cameras in the classroom, and analyze how often the teacher leave the black/white board area and move towards to the students. That's the one thing I remember from my last chat with my sister. If you want to know more, I can ask her.
I think I've heard of this before! A system integrator friend of mine mentioned that campus/ teacher evaluating is one of the things they do. I'll drop a link below in case you want to check if this is what you or the school have in mind. I'm not sure how the whole procedure goes but hopefully the link will give you a better idea!
https://www.skyrec.cc/#/main/solution/campus?t=1625908238773