News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: IR-CUT Solenoid  (Read 7132 times)

July 25, 2012, 10:24:39 am
I continue to try to decipher the IR-CUT solenoid circuitry in the Foscam FI8904W. I searched for the solenoid used and have not found an exact match, although I have found one very similar. It is the IR-CUT-3-01 by the Aung Run Technology Co., Ltd. of Shenzhen, China.

I do not read Chinese but Google-translate provides enough info that it seems that a 50ms pulse of 3V at 200ma will operate the solenoid and a subsequent pulse will reverse the solenoid. No current is drawn in the quiescent state. I do not see polarity reversal mentioned so I assume that it is an identical subsequent pulse that reverses the solenoid's rotary current position(?). ADMIN - please take a look at the Chinese in the attached image and advise if a better explanation is disclosed there. Google translate cannot translate from an image. I suspect that it does require a polarity reversal because other, similar, IR-CUT solenoids that I have researched, such as one made by Sunnex (www.optics-online.com) state "Reverse anode/cathode to reverse mode".

In the FI8904W, the 50ms pulse is provided by an HC4538 multivibrator IC on a tiny daughterboard withn the lens area.
See:
http://www.szangrun.cn/athena/offerdetail/sale/lizongfu568-1041268-916040310.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:44:14 pm by celem »

• No avatar
August 16, 2012, 10:31:58 am
It doesn't mention the  polarity reversal like  anode/cathode change. It just say this: use " Pulse trigger circuit " to control "Filter switching" by "Rotary magnetic control body".

See attachment.

Looks like 1.8v to drive, then pulse 3v for 50ms to activate.

August 16, 2012, 11:31:51 am
I noticed a IR-CUT lens for sale on eBay with similar specifications for the daughter-board. The connection diagram was quite interesting, showing a hookup very similar to a FOSCAM camera. See the attached photo.

Start voltage: 1.8V±10%
Applied voltage: 3.0V±10%
Driver pulse width: 50ms
Trigger current: 100mA or less
Working current: 200mA or less