News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: how to connect a dvr to an wifi ipcamera  (Read 713 times)

• No avatar
January 13, 2019, 04:18:01 pm
does anyone here know how to connect a wifi ip cmarea that has a cat5 connection on it to a dvr?

i have a dvr that only has on it for a model h.264 not other information is on it anywhere on the box or on the unit or in the software.

i have my ip camera connected to my network now with the cat5 cable i want to add it to the dvr i have 3 other cameras on the dvr showing on the monitor now.

the back of the dvr has 16 channels they are baulinbcn connections. i have a cat5 coupler and a section of car5 cable with bare wire ends now and i connected them to that adapter and then to channel 2 on the dvr.

the camera is powered up with it's own power supply.

i used the orange/white and orange wires for video fees as a youtube said those wires were what the cameras use for video.

i also tried the other 3 pairs and i tried them both ways. and i still do not get a video picture on my dvr monitor.

so are the wifi ip cameras that have ptz on them able to be seen on a dvr security system?

thanks for any help