News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: wanscam clone can't connect wireless  (Read 4441 times)

August 02, 2013, 05:55:46 am
Hi everyone.

I need help to configure my ipcam in wireless.
The manufacturer is  WATCHMEIP... the cam is similar to Foscam FI8908W or the Wanscam AJ-C2WA-B118 / AJ-C2WA-C118... Here are the cam info:
Device ID: 006E0603E234
Firmware: 0.41.2.47
Web UI: 0.2.9.12

I think I configured the LAN settings properly: I can connect to the cam via LAN and via internet so everything is ok, even port forwarding.

My problem is that I can't configure the wireless section. I followed the steps indicated here and in many other forums but when I unplug the LAN cable the camera won't connect to the wireless --> the cam doesn't appear in the router list of device or in the ipcam tools.

In addition, by clicking on SCAN button the wireless network list remain empty.

My router is a netgear dg834 with this configuration:
SSID = NETGEAR
Encrypttion: WPA2-PSK
Don't know where to find Network Type (Infra or AdHoc).
There's not mac address filtering.

I tried to change settings of router, area (from Europe to USA), channel (11, 10, 5, 6), encryption, but it still don't work...

Please, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks !!!

• No avatar
July 16, 2014, 10:11:50 pm
Hi,

I've got the same problem with two of my Apexis cameras. Did you manage to fix it?

• No avatar
July 17, 2014, 01:43:57 am
if there are visible APs in your neighbourhood and you don't see any of them after SCAN, you should consider the cam as defective ...