News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: AC13 Rover assistance  (Read 2511 times)

• No avatar
May 09, 2014, 08:20:57 pm
G'day all, I have no experience with network cameras and need a bit of help with something.

I have the Brookstone spy tank which is based off of a wifi network camera. Here is a post about it from a few years ago:

www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php?topic=261.0

This rover normally broadcasts an SSID that you then connect a mobile device to in order to control it. Around 5 years or so ago I accessed its settings url and told it to connect to my router. However that did not work, and since it was no longer broadcasting an SSID I could not longer access it. So it is effectively bricked.

I have accessed its serial port and interrupted its boot into debug but I haven't been able to get any sort of shell access to find the settings and change it. The OP from the above linked thread dumped the firmware but I am unsure of how to flash it to the rover. I tried looking into the way to flash firmware onto an ipcam on the forum and on other sites and have only been able to determine that I need to have the firmware in a .bin format. In the above thread, the firmware files were posted and a utility was posted with them to convert them to a .bin. However, I was not able to get it to work. I don't want to just attempt to flash something and completely brick it, so that is why I am posting this.

Can someone please point me to a tutorial and/or help me get the firmware files into a format where they are able to be flashed?

Or if someone knows a method to gain shell access through the serial port that would be great.

Thank you