News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: I deleted Image: 0 name:BOOT INFO. Could anyone send it to me.  (Read 54440 times)

July 01, 2011, 08:14:12 pm
OK. Isto confirma a minha crença de que sua câmera tem um problema na memória flash.

OK. This confirms my belief that your camera has a problem in flash-memory.

• No avatar
July 02, 2011, 09:01:15 am
no, that doesn't confirm that the flash is bad, it only shows that fx isn't working as usual, didn't even try to get one block of data ...

again, why not try to flash via tftp? If this isn't working, you can say you tried everything ....

July 02, 2011, 09:56:33 am
schufti, it proves that the flash is bad when evaluated in context with the previous tests. He can successfully load and run an image to RAM via the MX command, proving that the CPU and RAM are good. His image 0 shows mounted with the LS command yet other checks report no image 0. Loading to the Flash fails (FX command). Lawrence suggested that he try loading a 2MB image. This might work as different areas of the flash would be used.

Re tftp, I don't know that casbeto is set up for tftp, but, as you say it would be another way to attempt write to flash.

July 02, 2011, 10:06:48 am
cabesto,
Digite o comando abaixo e relatório de resultados. (Enter the command below and report results.)

CHK

saída esperada (expected output)

Code: [Select]
bootloader > chk
Image check finished. 0 checksum error found.

bootloader >

This command is used to check if there are unknown data in the flash. If there is unknown data in the flash, the flash programming function may fail. Therefore, the user may use this command to check if contents of the flash are clean.

English to Portuguese translation

Este comando verifica a existência de dados espúrios na memória flash. Dados espúrios pode causar falha de programação do flash de memória.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:16:59 pm by celem »

• No avatar
July 02, 2011, 01:04:42 pm
ok, opinions differ but thats not relevant because looking back in the thread I see that it doesn't matter, because the set command isn't working for him, so no IP connection -> no tftp.

July 03, 2011, 06:20:57 pm
no, that doesn't confirm that the flash is bad, it only shows that fx isn't working as usual, didn't even try to get one block of data ...

again, why not try to flash via tftp? If this isn't working, you can say you tried everything ....

I could do you programmatically pass the camandos for tftp?

July 03, 2011, 06:22:22 pm
cabesto,
Digite o comando abaixo e relatório de resultados. (Enter the command below and report results.)

CHK

saída esperada (expected output)

Code: [Select]
bootloader > chk
Image check finished. 0 checksum error found.

bootloader >

This command is used to check if there are unknown data in the flash. If there is unknown data in the flash, the flash programming function may fail. Therefore, the user may use this command to check if contents of the flash are clean.

English to Portuguese translation

Este comando verifica a existência de dados espúrios na memória flash. Dados espúrios pode causar falha de programação do flash de memória.

I tried this command and got no response!

July 03, 2011, 06:47:23 pm
CHK freezes and never exits, FX freezes and never exits, while loading and running to RAM works OK. Thus, programs that work FLASH ultimately fail while those that do not work with FLASH work. Personally, I still feel that your pattern of failures points to a FLASH problem.

Software que atua sobre memória flash falhar, enquanto residente software funciona dentro da memória RAM. Acredito que em memória flash é o seu problema. Comprar uma nova câmera.

July 03, 2011, 07:40:35 pm
I'll have to buy another but I think this week I will order one from china, and now with a little more experience to not make the same mistake, thank you and the friends of the forum results that will try to help me, but certainly everything was posted here will help others with the same problem as mine.

greetings
 casbeto

• No avatar
July 04, 2011, 01:48:09 am
Hi,

I don't think that it was your fault that happened. If you read through different boards there are several postings that hw started to fail only weeks after delivery, sometimes even without "hacking". I think the fabs use scrap parts (relabeled grade C) for these devices, so one would be better off not to buy in china thinking of the cost to ship back. On the other hand, some sellers in china give 1 year waranty compared to 90 days in US...

July 06, 2011, 03:32:25 pm
Hi everyone,

It took me a while to get time continue testing. Sorry for that.

First of all I switched to uploading thru TFTP as Schufti proposed. This is much faster, but the results are the same. The commands are simple just use FT in stead of FX.

@Schufti: TFTP is faster but the results are the same as with serial transfer. Thnx for the tip  ;D

@Celem: With all firmware (also with NC541w) the cam start rebooting with a "write I2C error" and then "myreboot"  :o

I tried loading and starting the test kernel an this results in a correct response to LS.
Since I've got exactly the same results as casbeto, I do not think it is flash related.

Could anyone please split the files for IP607Final and the CVLM-I33 ... ? This is the exact type number or order number than the cam. Maybe this firmware will help.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Kind regards,
John

July 07, 2011, 01:52:05 am
Hi Celem,

Thnx for your reply. I'll check the id's later today but i'm sure it is not the right cam. It is propably a EyeSight IP-607.

I compared the boot sequences of the NC541c and a working IP607 cam. These. Are largely similar. Even the working cam had write I2C errors. The difference starts with messages about wrong or missing bin files. These are possibly in the firmware library but don't know how to flash them.

The right firmware is propably in the download section (cvlm-i33) but these are bin files.
Can someone split these files so I can flash them using tftp or serial?

Kind regards,
John

• No avatar
July 07, 2011, 02:04:38 am
Hi john,
you can split them yourself with the fostar utility (linux & win available).

I cannot confirm that all i2c errors are due to wrong cam drivers.
My apexis oem had i2c errors from the beginning. Every boot I got one or two i2c errors during initialisation, with OEM and apexis fw.
In the end it was so bad, that sometimes the count of i2c errors triggered the "myreboot" with the - former 100% working - apexis fw and was booting 9 out of 10 times with the OEM fw but having a reboot every couple of hours. With the apexis fw it sometimes worked after 3-5 reboots and it worked best when not connected to the network, some timeouts seem to suppress the i2c error count.

July 07, 2011, 03:33:51 am
Hello Schufti,

Thanks for the tip. Where can I find the tool for Windows? I tried the files section and Google but I can't find it.

EDIT: Sorry didn't look in the right place. I found the tool and will try it this evening.

Kind regards,
John
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:00:52 am by jjnh »

July 07, 2011, 03:58:32 pm
Hello Everyone,

I think we are getting close :o . I enclosed some files for you to look at.
normalboot.txt is from a work ES_IP607_ARM_2.
wrongboot3.txt is taken with CVLM-I33 firmware flashed.

@Celem: I can confirm that in the working and in the broken cam both say idVendor = 0x148f, idProduct = 0x2573
@Schufti: I can confirm that I2C writing seems to work. If I boot after a "del b31" command. The boot sequence states that parameters are not programmed. Any next boot the messages do not reapear so it seems to write succesfully.

Things seem to go wrong during boot when the firmware needs to be loaded. I enclosed a screenshot with the 2 files side-by-side.

As you can see aw version is ... slightly differ.
In the wrong boot, the next message is "aw not exist !".
What does this mean and how can I solve this?  :-\

Kind regards,
John
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:03:00 pm by jjnh »