News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: Wanscam JW0004 (JWEV) Firmware Inquiry  (Read 18238 times)

• No avatar
February 19, 2014, 07:32:46 am
Hey all. I am using a Wanscam JW0004 (JWEV-XXX etc.) camera and have noticed that the OSPlayer doesn't work very well if at all. In most versions of IE I just get a black window. No video output at all. In the newer versions of IE the video shows up but the frame is not aligned with the controls so it overlaps some items rendering them inaccessible. Mostly I'm forced to use the Chrome/FF plugin and have to lose out on video recording, nightvision control, and audio functionality.

The cam is loaded with the following firmware (stock). I was wondering if there's anything newer I could try?

Device Firmware Version   67.2.0.120
   Device Embeded Web UI Version   9.0.0.36

*I would also like to note that the captcha questions aren't always correct. The Donate line at the bottom doesn't contain the word "via" and there is no country listed nor any address at the bottom of the page. Someone should look into that.

• No avatar
February 20, 2014, 04:57:49 am
are you from germany by any chance?
I think everybody knows what is meant by the donate button on the end of the page ... if not look under the "donate" menu item.
If one "searches" he will find the contact details, why are they expected at the end of the page?

Your problem with the cam is in the manufacturer: WanScam (...it schould read). They are pestering the market with utter trash and absolutely no customer service. You should look to find a newer Web UI, 9.0.0.36 doesn't look up to date for me. I have seen 18.0.18.23 in a thread elswhere on this board. Unfortunately if you don't find your Web UI somewhere for download (or back it up via serial console) you won't be able to revert if the "new" Web UI doesn't work or you don't like it.

• No avatar
February 23, 2014, 03:50:34 am
hello,

How to control (activate) nightcontrol leds ???

I have this versions:

Device Firmware Version     67.2.2.154
   Device Embeded Web UI Version     9.1.4.48
   Device ID     JWEV-XXXXXX-ZXVEX (Modified for privacy)

the IR control icon is only with ActiveX control but it's impossible to activate LED

any help/ip

Is it software or hardware problem (2 cams, 2 same problems)

best
bruno
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:49:36 pm by celem »

• No avatar
February 24, 2014, 01:50:05 am
are you sure they don't work?
In the (semi) dark you should see a faint red glow.
In the other (non activeX) interfaces it may be called "relay" or "(alarm)out"

• No avatar
February 27, 2014, 07:55:47 am
hello,

no option relay or alarm out in the WebUI.

No led activation (tested with IR option on activeX mode, on eview7, on ipcamvierwer) no led works
I tried 3 cam, 3 same problem.

any other idea ?

• No avatar
March 01, 2014, 05:10:57 am
then the only way to find out will be to dismantle your camera and trace the function from the ir-leds back to the µC and see what you came across ...