News:

I have another forum dedicate to arcade board and handheld reverse engineering over at http://forum.retrosticks.com

Author Topic: EASYN - error firmware  (Read 39095 times)

• No avatar
February 02, 2014, 02:05:46 pm
Hello together,

I am new here and new to the world of IP cams.
I bought a EASYN F-series IP Cam and heard that it is compatible with APM-J011 Firmware (same cams?). Since the original EASYN Firmware was not too well I downloaded it and flashed it. Obviously it was the wrong Firmware I downloaded or the cams are not compatible. When I log on the cams webinterface I get the message "error firmwar!". I found your community and thought you might able to tell me what to do. Do I have to upload a new firmware using a serial adapter like discribed in the one post here?

Thanks for your help
Graham

• No avatar
February 03, 2014, 01:10:42 am
You probably only updated the firmware but not the WebUI.
The EASYN WebUI checks for the firmware verison and gives the error you see if there is a mismatch.
Now you can try to update the WebUI according to the firmware via camfinder tool.

If this doesn't work you can try to access the update page directly. Then you can decide to either change the firmware back to EASYN or to change the WebUI to Apexis, too.

The url for the direct access of the update page is something like
http://ip.of.your.cam:port/maintance.htm

• No avatar
February 03, 2014, 02:12:04 pm
Thanks a lot Schufti, that is good news. I am not at home today but I will try tomorrow right after work. I hope it works!
Just one last question. My cam is marked with EasyN F-M166 and the commercial where I bought the cam says FS-613B-M166. I do not have a valid original EasyN Firmware. Do you know where to get it? I did not find anything on EasyN's website. Is the cam really compatible with the Apexis cam I mentioned? Maybe you know or you know some links where I could check that. I get the Apexis WebUI on the Apexis website?

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

Regards
Graham

P.S. which Web UI would I have to update to get my cam running with the Apexis Firmware? The MJ745?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:38:27 pm by Graham »

• No avatar
February 04, 2014, 06:56:38 am
yes, EasyN removed the FW download from their website.
You can try to contact user celem, he had some (old) version
unfortunately I (re)moved my local fw collection.

p.s.: ??? the US EasyN offers foscam SW for download after registration ???
http://easynusa.com/firmware.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:58:26 am by schufti »

• No avatar
February 04, 2014, 02:52:41 pm
Once more, thank you Schufti!
I registeres for the foscam software but I have no clue which one to pick for my camera. What is the difference to the other firmwares? Can you recommend it?
I will drop celem a PM as well.

Sorry for asking so much and thanks
Graham

P.S.
Found a web UI that runs with my cam. Seems like everything works but I cannot move my cam using the buttons on the web UI. Just the button in the middle works where the cam does a ful circle.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:01:48 pm by Graham »

• No avatar
February 05, 2014, 02:10:14 am
Hi,
I don't know why they link to the foscam fw and don't give any cross reference....
You could try the EasyN fw I attached. It is probably outdated but movement should work again ..
You can also try one of the attached WebUIs (one EasyN, one from me) to see if it is more to your liking.
(don't forget to unzip)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:17:17 am by schufti »

February 06, 2014, 12:24:40 pm
Once more, thank you Schufti!
I registeres for the foscam software but I have no clue which one to pick for my camera. What is the difference to the other firmwares? Can you recommend it?
I will drop celem a PM as well.

Sorry for asking so much and thanks
Graham

P.S.
Found a web UI that runs with my cam. Seems like everything works but I cannot move my cam using the buttons on the web UI. Just the button in the middle works where the cam does a ful circle.

Please make sure your camera will support loading one of these Foscam MJPEG camera firmware versions. The table below should help you isolate what firmware versions MIGHT be compatible for your camera. If your camera cannot support using a Foscam MJPEG firmware version. Then you could wipe out important memory areas in your camera. You still might be able to recover your camera after doing so, by using a serial interface.

On the label for each camera. There will be a VNT or FR followed by the wireless Mac Address of the wireless daughterboard in the camera:

VNT wireless daughterboards only support 802.11 b,g
FR  wireless daughterboards support 802.11 b,g,n

Example System firmware map to Foscam MJPEG camera models by wireless daughter boards:

PT = Pan/Tilt

Code: [Select]
Type FR WiFi module                              Type VNT WiFi module
-------------------                              --------------------
Indoor PT cameras romfs_cmos_11_37_2_51          romfs_cmos_11_22_2_51
Indoor fixed cameras romfs_cmos_11_35_2_51       romfs_cmos_11_25_2_51
Outdoor waterproof cameras romfs_cmos_11_35_2_51 romfs_cmos_11_25_2_51
Outdoor PT cameras romfs_cmos_11_37_2_51         Never use VNT WiFi module

Note: The linux.zip file for each System firmware release. Example x.x.x.51, is common to ALL MJPEG camera models. The romfs file is unique to camera model type ("Indoor PT, Indoor Fixed, Outdoor 'fixed', Outdoor PT") and wireless daughter board in that camera model type.

I have ALL the firmware versions for ALL Foscam camera models. MJPEG, Old H.264 and currently being sold H.264 models. Including the linux.zip and romfs for ALL Foscam MJPEG camera models. Which can be used for serial interface recovery.

So worse case you could do a serial interface upgrade for the camera. IF it's compatible with Foscam MJPEG camera model firmware. The TTL Serial Interface needs to support 3V DC and can be a USB serial interface, like the one shown below. They can be found for under $2.00 U.S. ("Including shipping") on places like ebay.

All Foscam MJPEG camera models have a serial connector labeled J2. See below, for pin layouts and locations for Foscam MJPEG Outdoor ("Example 1") and Indoor ("Example 2") camera models. The pins RXD,TXD,GND are the same for both:

If you can still see your camera in the IP Camera Tool. Then you can simply reference the above table first two sets of firmware version numbers and download that firmware, from the Foscam firmware download page:

IP Camera Tool Download: http://foscam.us/downloads/IPCamera.exe

Foscam Firmware Downloads: http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx

Then you can use the IP Camera Tool to install firmware normally, without the need to use serial interface recovery methods. By simply selecting the camera shown in the IP Camera Tool and then right-clicking on it and then choosing the upgrade firmware option.

You can first install only the system firmware before installing the Web UI firmware and use the below to verify that you can access the camera, prior to installing the Web UI via the IP Camera Tool:

Please do NOT use any leading http:// or www. when entering your camera and port information after you click on the link below

Simply enter: IPAddressForCamera:PorForCamera or DDNSForCamera:PortForCamera

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/camera/YourCameraBIV25.htm

The above can be very helpful. Because it does not depend on any Web UI being in the camera. Since whatever Web UI firmware is currently in the camera, if any, may no longer match the system firmware, that's now in the camera. The above gives you a clean method to make sure that the system firmware now in the camera, is in fact functioning as it should be. Before taking any more time installing Web UI firmware, that won't work anyway, if the above fails. Allowing you to potentially install a different system firmware, if needed, first.

If your camera is accessible using the above. You can now use the IP Camera Tool to also install the Web UI firmware now, so that you can access the Standard Camera Interface by using the Cameras IP Address or DDNS and port for the camera from a browser.

The same method above, can be used when recovering a camera using the serial interface, prior to installing a matching Web UI firmware using the IP Camera Tool to do so, for the system firmware you used for the cameras serial recovery.

Don
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:11:05 pm by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
February 06, 2014, 02:47:59 pm
Thanks a lot for the detailled instructions Don :-)
I really appreciate it.

• No avatar
February 06, 2014, 03:47:33 pm
Shit! Now I don#t see my cam in IP Camera tool.
I guees I am going back to zero
Not sure if I am smart enough to rescue it using the serial interfac.

February 07, 2014, 03:30:15 pm
Shit! Now I don#t see my cam in IP Camera tool.
I guees I am going back to zero
Not sure if I am smart enough to rescue it using the serial interfac.
Sorry to hear that. The very first thing I said in my post was warning how you could harm your camera by installing the wrong firmware.

Don

February 08, 2014, 02:42:27 am
I found a version of firmware for this camera on one of my systems. I can't tell what version it is. But it has both the system firmware and the WebUI firmware and it was downloaded by me on Oct 8, 2012 from somewhere.

Please see attached ("You must be logged in here to see the attachment"):

NOTE: Please use at your own risk since I am not sure where I got this from or if it works.

Don

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:48:06 am by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
February 08, 2014, 07:26:30 am
Es la ultima version EasyN_FS-613B-M1661 web ui  F-E-A1-A-A3

February 08, 2014, 09:43:57 am
Es la ultima version EasyN_FS-613B-M1661 web ui  F-E-A1-A-A3
Translated: It's the latest version EasyN_FS-613B-M1661 web ui f-e - A-A1-A3.

Thanks. Good to know.

Don

• No avatar
February 08, 2014, 11:48:30 am
Después de muchos firmwares flasheos erroneos he tenido que reparar mi cámara muchas veces. En este enlace os dejo lo que para mí es la mejor combinación de archivos. Última versión para la EASYN F613 M136 con dos WEB ui.
La "FF-E-A1-A-A3(4.37.2.38).bin" es la original de EASYN y la "WEB UI COMPATIBLE EASYN 0.0.4.11.bin" es completamente compatible y funcional con nuestra cámara, además que incorpora muchas mejoras con respecto a la original. Está sacada de un firmware de Wanscam. El modo de instalación es el convencional por web. Espero haberles sido de ayuda. Saludos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r96pm5n84rkkz7/F613%20M136%20EASYN%20LAST%2008-02-2014.rar

• No avatar
February 13, 2014, 06:49:19 am
Hey everybody,

I am very sorry for my late reply. I ordered a UART module and it is delay! So I can not flash my camera yet. Deleivery will be somewhen between 22. Feb and 17. March :-(((
I guess I ordered at the wrong place. I will keep you guys in the loop if it worked. I really appreciate your help.

Graham