News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Tenvis Camera  (Read 45966 times)

• No avatar
March 11, 2011, 07:09:26 am
Spoke to Tenvis,

They don't have an export licence, so we'd have to use Agents if we ship oversea's.
Will get some samples from them and take a look.

Their pricing is about 30% higher than our other suppliers too.

Will take a look anyway though.

March 11, 2011, 06:51:22 pm
I'll be talking to the factory tomorrow though, and will see what they offer.
Plan on ordering a sample of each type, and will see if this is suitable for me to use as the camera I will sell.

Lawrence.

You probably can't talk about it I guess, but what are your plans on camera selling? With so many on the market, anything special you have in mind? :) Just curious whether to wait and buy the ideal cam from you, or just go ahead and buy a random camera. Wouldn't mind being your first customer :p

• No avatar
March 11, 2011, 08:19:37 pm
My thoughts are make one thats openly hackable, and has specific specifications (4M flash...)

History has shown that the devices that are open to be hacked usually get way more features than closed source ones.

Will setup the repo and install side so people can submit apps, and install on the cameras as they want.
Thinking something similar to OpenWRT except ours will be OpenIPCAM :)

We can add more models later, as the ARM9 ones do seem similar enough that the major work done already would be applicable.

I know its been a bit slow with news, but I am working on it..

March 12, 2011, 05:22:40 am
Sounds very exciting, also means the W90N745 BSP things i'm doing might end up being useless :( bummer.

July 25, 2011, 12:22:46 pm
Hi,

something new in this topic? I'm thinking about this cam, but I don't know if it's work well. Have it PoE? Some fitting FW?

On eBay it cost about $60 with shipping, so for now it's my horse :-)

November 16, 2011, 10:55:11 am
I have buy  a tenvis camera from the ebay seller foosoo.It is wonderful.Also,They have give me the system firmware.

November 16, 2011, 10:59:08 am
The camera is support Poe ,But you should to buy a POE power supply module

December 01, 2011, 03:18:20 am
Hello,

i flashed my Tenvis JPT3815W with the Foscam Firmware.
Now the cam can not find any WIFI Network.
Could someone please upload the original Firmware so i can reflash my cam?

Thanks for your Help

December 02, 2011, 04:56:04 pm
There is no firmware for any Tenvis camera in the FIRMWARE section. You may try emailing their technical support and see if they will email you new firmware. If they do, please post it in the FIRMWARE section. Their tech support emails are: support@tenvis.com.cn or support02@tenvis.com.cn.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:58:56 pm by celem »

January 01, 2012, 11:29:53 pm
Is this not it here?

http://www.tenvis.com/web/firmwaredownload.html

Edit: I have tried this firmware, and it works well for me. But read on before you try it...

I have a no name Wanscam FI8908W clone from eBay (seller: homegarden2012). However, I spotted this difference in the boot messages:

Foscam and many others: "usb.c: registered new driver rt73"
My cam: "usb.c: registered new driver rt2870"

So it seems I have a different WiFi chip to the norm. Which firmwares have which WiFi driver in them is not well documented. So I have tried most of the ones in the FILES section. For example, the Foscam ones worked well with my cam, but no WiFi.

The only ones that seem to use rt2870 are Uvision & Wansview-nc541w, but for me the pan/tilt didn't work with these. (So if anyone with a normal Foscam tries these firmwares, the WiFi won't work!)

Then I loaded the latest Tenvis firmware (linked above) and everything is working 100% for me now - except there's no mention of audio support. The WebUI looks different from the original, but it works. So the Tenvis uses rt2870 too.

So, as an incomplete summary from my experimentation:

Firmwarert73rt2870
FI8908W*
FI8918W*
EasyNP*
IP607FINAL*
ipcamfirmware.rar*
Maygion*
Uvision*
Wansview-nc541w*
Wanscam*
Tenvis*

I hope this helps someone.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:14:30 am by G00f »

April 01, 2012, 03:33:19 pm
Has anyone looked at the firmware that Tenvis is now publishing for the JPT3815.  I tried hacking it with the suggestion that it is a tar file in disguise but that does not seem to be the case. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get into this firmware.

On a slightly different topic my Tenvis camera seems to have an issue with my subnet mask.  The Tenvis cameras use 255.255.0.0 and I am using 255.255.255.0  If I change it in the camera it works for a while but looses the wifi connection because it goes back to it's default subnet.  Is there a way to permanently change the default ip and subnet in the camera's OS. (I can't change my local subnet mask because my apple router wont let me...lets not get into that!).