News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Suggestions to future...  (Read 2882 times)

March 09, 2011, 05:34:08 am
If we are talking about modern IP camera is probably necessary to match the new hardware.
From all that at the moment is at Nuvoton probably the most suitable NUC945 (ARM9).

1. It runs a full Linux 2.6.x (vfork () is a problem).
2. It is ARM9 with 200MHz.
3. If we talk about the camera, all new USB cameras support UVC for which you need a 2.6 kernel.
   Unfortunately spacaview it already yesterday, and now actively not supported.
4. The motion detect function must be integrated to the camera.
   As example (http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome)
5. Need a NAND Flash to store snapshots.
6. Normal webserver with embedded support for Ajax and jQuery (for a fully-featured web user interface).
   http://appwebserver.org/.

NUC710 or NUC745 (old w90p710 and w90p745) are very good chips, but most likely they are suitable for automation (Converters Ethernet-> RS232 (RS485), control boards, etc) not for the creation of IP-cameras.

This is my own opinion and many may not agree with him. The difference in price between NUC945 and NUC745 small but the parameters of ARM9 is much better. How would not have that we will once again reinvent the wheel  ;D.

P.S. I am very happy that finally begins to appear in English forum dedicated to the ARM7 controllers from Nuvoton.

• No avatar
March 09, 2011, 08:17:37 am
Hi

I got my first JTAG info from your instructions heheh, plus you went into even more detail for that other guy  8)
I'm also shanghai_loz on dangerousprotypes, so hi again :)

March 19, 2011, 05:10:31 am
There was a little busy with current affairs.

I think that in mid-April, will be ready to join the project and make a port of uClinux 2.6 for w90p710. With a complete howto at our wiki. I think that a bunch of uBoot and uClinux 2.6 will be useful for you. The only difference is the presence of LCD controller.