News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: I need help with motion detection and email alerts software for cheap chinese ca  (Read 3103 times)

May 07, 2013, 12:09:44 am
I recently bought and inexpensive Chinese IP camera on Ebay. The brand name I think is All in One- B1 series. That is the only name on the box or in the soft ware  (Similar to Wanscam)
 The camera works and I can view it, pan and tilt it remotely but generally the software instructions are terrible. I have the following questions/issues
1.Even though I have enabled motion detection,I can't tell if it is working because the soft ware doesn't clearly explain how to record. So no recording and no motion detection
2 Supposedly one can be sent  email alerts and snap shot via FTP once motion detection is enabled. So far I haven't been able to get that to work either
    If there any in expensive universal soft ware for IP cameras?
Or is there a general way to set up motion detection and email alerts for all cameras? HELP!!!

May 07, 2013, 07:10:21 am
Not really, and this is one of the reasons why Open IPCam came about - to write our own firmware to provide the features missing from the official releases.

Unfortunately the project still hasn't quite gotten off the ground yet...