News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: New to IP cameras. Can you please help me  (Read 3300 times)

• No avatar
March 16, 2014, 01:12:57 pm
Hello folks my name is Justin. I am new to ip cameras. I bought a Zmodo ip wi fi camera. I would like to use the camera at work to watch tanks filling with water. I will be in a camper about 300 feet or so away from the camera.  It is my understanding that I can use a Wifi router to link the camera to my IPhone and  IPad and computer ect. I would like to do this without Internet. Is this possible.

• No avatar
March 17, 2014, 02:20:45 am
yes that should generally be possible. I am not sure about the distance though. 300 ft are even hard to handle between accesspoints, not to speak about the cameras and i* weak wifi. Even with suplemental high gain directive antennas for the cameras and the router it will be trial and error.

• No avatar
March 17, 2014, 11:19:11 pm
Thank you for the reply. You are 100% correct. I reieved the camera in the mail today. Then I went and bought a router. I configured the devices to work together without ever using any Internet. Easy as pie. I can view from phone, iPad, and computer. All through a router with zero Internet connection.