News:

Did you know - OpenIPCam has an Extensive files section of firmware, utilities and developer tools - http://www.openipcam.com/files

Author Topic: KARE N5403JV  (Read 5907 times)

February 09, 2012, 04:00:44 pm
I bought this cam for $55 USD on amazon in feb 2012.
I had actually purchased an easyN prior to getting the kare, but ending up returning the easyN and going with the kare. here's my review...

the kare N5403JV a standard '541'/'foscam clone', but with a *working* IR cut filter.
you can hear the mechanical IR filter move in/out of position when the lighting changes, and the daytime images are actually *true color*.

the video quality is much better than the easyN; the fps appear to be higher, either 25 or 30 fps @ 640x480.

newtorking works flawlessly; setting wifi connection wasnt a problem, and wifi range is acceptable.

it has an audio-out line for 2-way audio, but it *doesnt* come with a built-in speaker.
audio receive works fine. audio send has a problem with noise appearing on the audio-out line after sending an audio clip to the cam (hopefully this can be fixed in firmware).

the camera is black, and comes with a cool *soft rubbery* texture.

the webUI is kare-branded.
includes both the activeX full-featured site for IE, and the basic site for other browsers.
Ive attached some screenshots below.

Ive managed to successfully download&parse the firmware files; linux.bin, romfs image, webui files.
I'll attach these in a follow-up post.
Ive also attached the bootlog below.

questions/feedback welcome...

March 05, 2012, 11:56:11 am
I like how the WebGUi looks. its simple and easy for stupid people. LOL like me

• No avatar
May 10, 2014, 02:57:53 pm

Ive managed to successfully download&parse the firmware files; linux.bin, romfs image, webui files.
I'll attach these in a follow-up post.

Hi changosurf, could you please provide us the firmware files, until now i could not find them on the forum, i have several ip cams from the same brand but they where shipped with a non functional webgui (cant even download ocx "http not found")

thanks..!