News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: "Kare" Brand Ip Cam Opinions? N5402JV N5403JV  (Read 8264 times)

December 19, 2011, 09:42:34 am
Hi Guys

I saw this video on utube for the ~$70 Kare eyeball type IP Cam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npb_YKQHCvo

This looks too good for a cheepie ip cam, light years better than my "purplish" Wanscam.

Does the ir-cut filter make *that* much difference?

thx

bob

• No avatar
December 19, 2011, 10:13:10 am
Hi,

yes that's about what to expect from ir-cut, allthough this camera doesn't say it does have ir-cut.

The price is not that good, about what to expect on ebay.

Why don't you check the demos on the manufacturers websited to compare "quality"?

December 19, 2011, 10:23:05 am

• No avatar
December 19, 2011, 04:49:47 pm
As I suppose it's US$: every brand that I mentioned in the other thread, even the dericam that has optical 3x zoom. not true for H.264 ones.

December 19, 2011, 08:07:54 pm
As I suppose it's US$: every brand that I mentioned in the other thread, even the dericam that has optical 3x zoom. not true for H.264 ones.

Sorry, I'm new here.  Can you point to me the other thread?

thx

bob

• No avatar
December 20, 2011, 10:27:24 am
I was answering your same question

Open IP Camera Forum » General Category » Firmware » Wanscam firmware problem

February 09, 2012, 03:00:11 pm
I recently purchased the N5403JV from amazon, it was about $55 USD as of feb2012.
it appears to be a standard foscam clone/'541' cam, with the exception that really does have a working/mechanical IR cut filter, you can hear the the filter 'click' as it moves in/out of place, and the daylight images are true-color. I looked at a variety of ipcam clone cameras in that price range and this was the only one I found that actually claimed to have the IR cut filter. I actually ordered an easyN cam prior to getting the kare; the easyN was like $5 more and didnt even have the IRcut, so I returned it. I was skeptical about getting the kare, since it seemed like too much of a good deal, but its a great camera, I highly recommend it.

since its a full-blown 541 cam, its definitely&easily hack-able. I'll provide more info/specs in another post.

February 09, 2012, 07:15:59 pm
I recently purchased the N5403JV from amazon, it was about $55 USD as of feb2012.
it appears to be a standard foscam clone/'541' cam, with the exception that really does have a working/mechanical IR cut filter, you can hear the the filter 'click' as it moves in/out of place, and the daylight images are true-color. I looked at a variety of ipcam clone cameras in that price range and this was the only one I found that actually claimed to have the IR cut filter. I actually ordered an easyN cam prior to getting the kare; the easyN was like $5 more and didnt even have the IRcut, so I returned it. I was skeptical about getting the kare, since it seemed like too much of a good deal, but its a great camera, I highly recommend it.

since its a full-blown 541 cam, its definitely&easily hack-able. I'll provide more info/specs in another post.

Please do.  I just picked one up.  Only bug is that the preset PTZ positions don't work even in IE. There is no "set or call" options, just the 9 buttons that don't function.

bob