News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Consulting Opportunity  (Read 3391 times)

October 29, 2011, 09:07:14 pm
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for somebody willing to do some paid customization work on the Focsam firmeware.
Please contact me at: max.bridgewater (at) gmail
Cheers.
Max.

• No avatar
October 30, 2011, 06:09:38 am
if you could at least be a bit more specific if it concerns the OS or the webui, it would be helpfull

October 30, 2011, 12:24:37 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Here goes. Essentially what I want is neither an improvement of the core firmware nor of the webui. I want a different application to be written and install on the OS and should run as daemon. This application would behave exactly as reverse ssh tunneling ("ssh -R") or as rtunnel (http://code.google.com/p/rtunnel/). I understand netcat is also capable of being used in this way (presumably it would go like this: nc -l -p port1 -c ' nc -u host2 port2').

So, to put it simply, the goal would be to write port forwrading application for the cam. It would be installed locally on the camera, listen on a given port (web ui port, streaming port), and connect to a remote server to forward the traffic to it. The goal is to allow people with near to zero computing knowledge to setup their camera through my server.

One way to get this done is, I write the application and ensure it is running on CentOS and somebody with enough ucLinux and Foscam knowldged would port it to this environment.