News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Firmware for Wansview NCB541W that disables IR lighting?  (Read 7554 times)

October 24, 2011, 05:08:10 PM
Is there a firmware or webui available that will work on the Wansview NCB-541W that will allow me to disable the IR LED lights that turn on automatically when it gets dark? I have my camera pointed out a window and the reflection from the IR lighting makes it impossible to view anything.

I had read about that being an issue (not being able to turn it off) but figured I would just tape over the lights if necessary. But if there's a firmware that I can use to disable them, that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

• No avatar
October 25, 2011, 02:42:39 AM
Hi,

no AFAIK the ir-leds are only switchable on the new foscam models.
But you can modify your cam and use the relay to switch the supply of the ir leds
(that is exactly what foscam did, hence no more I/O pins on their new model)

October 25, 2011, 05:07:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. That would be an interesting idea.. but probably more involved that using the "tape method"  ;)

I may need to look into this further.. or maybe just wire up a switch even.. I'll have to open it up to see what I'm dealing with I suppose.

• No avatar
October 25, 2011, 05:59:45 PM
yes, unfortunately you'd have to open it up to the last screw ....

somewhere in the threads there is a storyboard on how to disassemble one of these cams.