News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: Can't connect to IP Camera (firmware by MayGion) bought on Dealextreme SKU#29014  (Read 78015 times)

• No avatar
November 17, 2011, 01:07:06 pm
for the iphone, you should definitely use an app. The mobile browsers can't cope with the videorate.

for support of safari I don't know. Most of the cams have support for server push mode interface, this should be compatible with safari.

All of the things you want dont need a firmware upgrade. It is all in the webui.
You can try flashing different webuis but you may end up with a webui that you don't like and can't go back without a backup of your existing ....

November 17, 2011, 03:34:46 pm
thanks shufti, i'll keep trying ... hey it works like magic!!! ... "address"/videostream.cgi ... even on iPhone it makes 12 fps ... thanks again
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:53:33 am by Jacob »

January 29, 2012, 06:16:43 am

When the /tmp/eye directory is removed instead of just the files in /tmp/eye/app or /tmp/eye/www, this creates an issue where script file (/tmp/eye/init.sh) will not have execution rights.  There is also a hidden file called "ldr".  Luckily the IP-Camera FTP seems to give files without an extension execution rights.

To resolve the issue, follow the following steps:
Hi.
I have a problem after upload  init i can not rename it on camera

Code: [Select]
Статус: Переименование '/tmp/eye/init' в '/tmp/eye/init.sh'
Команда: RNFR init
Ответ: 350 send new file name please
Команда: RNTO init.sh
Ответ: 450 rename fail
And after upload ldr it's not in list of files ::)
Статус: Список каталогов извлечен
Статус: Начинаю закачивать /home/evgeny/Рабочий стол/ldr
Команда: TYPE A
Ответ: 200 Type set to A
Команда: PASV
Ответ: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,111,16,11).
Команда: STOR ldr
Ответ: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file transfer.
Ответ: 226 Transfer complete
Статус: Файл передан успешно, передан 144 615 байт в 1 секунда
Статус: Получение списка каталогов...
Команда: TYPE I
Ответ: 200 Type set to I
Команда: PASV
Ответ: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,111,16,12).
Команда: LIST
Ответ: 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for directory list.
Ответ: 226 Transfer complete
Статус: Список каталогов извлечен

February 09, 2012, 08:38:31 pm
I have the same problems:
1. I can't rename file
2. when I upload ldr it hides out too
I can connect via ftp on 192.168.1.111 but I can't find on ipcamera tool.
Hope someone can help.

April 06, 2012, 11:45:09 pm
Hi i cant connect with FTP. Ftp Client (filezilla) say: "FTP: 421 IPCamera FtpServer(www.maygion.com) is disabled!."

How enabled FTPServer if cant access to control panel ? Thank for Help !.

• No avatar
April 09, 2012, 01:46:07 pm
hmm, I don't have a maygion and am not familiar with it but maybe there is a "factory reset" like in the foscam clones (hold reset button during powering on the device) that will reenable ftp...

April 11, 2012, 11:16:36 pm
Hi all.

Had an issue with regards to an issue of an IP-Camera (MayGyon) that just won't start.  Even if the files in /tmp/eye/ are returned with original files.  I

was dumb enough to delete the whole /tmp/eye directory.

WARNING: Do not delete folders or any other files other than those in /tmp/eye/app or /tmp/eye/www

When the /tmp/eye directory is removed instead of just the files in /tmp/eye/app or /tmp/eye/www, this creates an issue where script file (/tmp/eye/init.sh)

will not have execution rights.  There is also a hidden file called "ldr". 

I found a possible solution but It didn't work. It was:

Download the ldr file from https://rapidshare.com/files/2539309861/ldr
Download the /tmp/eye/init.sh file via FTP from your IP-Camera
Delete the /tmp/eye/init.sh file from your IP-Camera
Rename the copy on local PC from init.sh to init (the IP-Camera FTP seems to give files without an extension execution rights.)
FTP the init file back to /tmp/eye/ on your IP-Camera
On your IP-Camera rename /tmp/eye/init to /tmp/eye/init.sh
Copy the ldr file from your local PC to /tmp/eye/ on your IP-Camera

I try to implement that solution but I have the following problems:

1. I can't rename file
2. when I upload ldr it hides out too

I can connect via ftp on 192.168.1.111 but I can't find on ipcamera tool.

I don't know what else to do... I'm trying to fix It for 2 months... I need to install that cams... Please anybody could help me?

• No avatar
April 12, 2012, 06:14:36 pm
as I already wrote in some other thread:

this board is about foscam clones. Maygion are not foscam clones. There is not much experience with these cams on the board, so you might be better off contacting maygion directly.

November 21, 2012, 07:00:12 am
Maygion camera,

Hello, i read about a problem that you had with this ptz camera.
I tried to change the sw and the camera now is not working, i can´t log in in the camera i cannot see its ip address.

Can you help me please?

March 17, 2013, 04:50:15 am
Dear all

In all my stupidity I did delete the entire EYE folder when trying to update the firmware from MayGion. Somehow I have everything but the ldr file. If someone could be so kind as to send me this file, or for that matter all of the /tmp/eye/ files (except of course for www and app folders) those I can download off the MayGion website.

Thank you all in advance

March 17, 2013, 07:18:36 am
Just FYI it's better to start a new topic if you have a new problem, rather than hijack an old thread that is only vaguely related to your issue.

My ldr.ini looks like this:

[ddns]
provider=iview.hk
ddns_usr=ak52xx
ddns_pwd=ak52xx
ddns=ak52xx.iview.hk
enable=1
mode
[ini]
version=1
[system]
mac=04:08:0f:xx:xx:92
wifimac=04:08:0f:xx:xx:93

With all the "xx" replaced with suitable values, of course.  I'm sure you can just make them up.  However I also have a binary 'board.dat' which may be important too - do you get errors without these files?

June 11, 2013, 10:48:56 pm
can someone send me ldr file

June 12, 2013, 05:02:59 am
Umm...the entire contents of it are in the post above you - just copy and paste?

June 12, 2013, 06:12:09 pm
ok. so just to verify i can copy paste it in to a file, save it, and i don`t have to change mad addresses,
and to double check that this works for Maygion IP-601 (IP-CAMERA-002A)camera.

when i create this file were should i put it :)
i have only init.sh file in /tmp/eye folder.

June 13, 2013, 03:01:24 am
If you only have init.sh in /tmp/eye then you have bigger problems...

Here's what you should have:
# cd /tmp/eye
# ls -la
-rw-r--r--    1 0        0            2048 board.dat
-rw-r--r--    1 0        0             165 ldr.ini
drwxr-xr-x    3 0        0               0 www
drwxr-xr-x    2 0        0               0 app
drwxr-xr-x    3 0        0               0 ..
drwxr-xr-x    5 0        0               0 .

You will have to change the MAC address when you copy the content of my post, but I explained in the post what you will have to do.

I don't know whether it will work for your camera, because very few of them have model numbers.  Mine doesn't even mention MayGion on it at all!  But ldr.ini should work on all cameras, it is board.dat which is apparently different for each camera.