News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Help needed on bricked dealextreme wifi IP camera (item 29014)  (Read 45689 times)

• No avatar
July 24, 2011, 03:28:03 pm
 IT7652 is a power IC.

Last one is the unlabelled one then..

Oh well, i guess you're out of luck on this

July 25, 2011, 03:30:32 am
ok ADMIN, it is safe to say that my Dealextreme camera SKR 29014 has officially died....
I tried for one hour to repair a VIA-trace connection which I broke on the search of the RS232/COM Tx line....... The via on the other side comes out underneath the FPGA. I tried so many times that the via is totally gone now. very ver sad because I think we together might have revived this camera and others could benefit from our search/investigation.

If I do succeed to repair the VIA-trace connection I'll give a message to you again.
:( :( :(

August 02, 2011, 08:54:36 am
YES! I'm back into business! A message from the host of www.maygion.com made me try one more time to fix my broken VIA on the pcb of the camera. I took the smallest needle I could find and stick it in the broken via with a pair of pliers. Then I soldered a wire to the needle (cut off the needle close to the pcb) and made a connection with the trace it should connect to.

I CAN PING again! Then I followed the procedure on http://www.maygion.com/upgrade.html#repairfw

Chapter: How to find and repair my ipcamera when firmware is corrupt

When followed EXACTLY (ip address of mu y router is 192.168.1.1 and my laptop I made 192.168.1.3) the tool IPCamRepair.exe finds my camera!

And now the problem, I asked via email to maygion, I ask here as well to see if somebody knows what is happening. The camera briefly connects, then I here the relay on the camera do click click and this is the signal that the camera reboots. It keeps doing this every 5 seconds.
I'm unable to connect to the camera via FTP. I'm also unsure what settings to use, do I just use domain name MayGion or do I need to connect to the IP address (which is 192.168.1.111)

Help please, I'm almost there!

Thnx
Dennis

August 02, 2011, 11:45:56 am
UPDATE

I now got the FTP running, I did it slightly different the on the maygion site. I did not have the repair tool running, I connected using the IP address 192.168.1.111 and username MayGion, password maygion.com

I was also able to replace all files in app and www dir like on the maygion site explained.

But........ not working. After this I run the discovery tool and it still dont find the camera. I can still ping it at 192.168.1.111

Has anybody got an idea??

August 02, 2011, 02:36:47 pm
I have a new cam, and the same problem. I also can connect to 192.168.111 with filezilla, replaced the files with the files from maygion.
The only thing i notice is that after a minute a new file is created in the app folder with the folowing contents:

Code: [Select]
[ntp]
tz_idx=74
tz_minute_offset=480
enableNtp=1
svr=time.windows.com
[ftpserver]
enable=1
[system]
swver=vs3.1(09.07.2010)

No clue what this is...

August 03, 2011, 12:15:33 pm
this sounds very familiar, here too there is a file created in the app dir, it is an ini file.
Thats it, no life at all inside the camera so it seems.

I contacted the person behind www.maygion.com
He does not answer mail often, is a busy person, I wait patiently. I have the feeling this must be possible to solve.

It is good to hear someone else has exactly the same simptoms, I was starting to think I damaged more then one via/trace on my camera PCB.......

If I hear anything from maygion I post here what he suggests

August 05, 2011, 10:17:35 am
I got the right firmware from the guy from maygion. See attached files: upload them with ftp, default port for webpage is 81, so connect to http://IP:81 eg. http://192.168.1.118:81

August 19, 2011, 03:24:20 pm
Hi

I have the same problem that jwp123 had - I can connect with FTP to 192.168.1.111 but cannot locate the IP of the Camera for connecting with HTTP in order to view the UI.
At the beginning I tried to update the firmware using files from the firmware3.1_full.rar I downloaded from http://www.maygion.com/downloads/20100908/firmware3.1_full.rar but it did not help.
Then I downloaded the files that jwp123 attached and tried using them but it did not solve the problem as well. It did not even create the cs.ini file out of the cs.def.ini file.

Does anyone have a clue what can I do next?

Thanks!

August 24, 2011, 06:59:28 pm
Hi,

I did the same, and the only thing that works is ftp. help anyone?

August 25, 2011, 04:00:29 pm
Hi,

I did the same, and the only thing that works is ftp. help anyone?

Did you uploaded the firmware above ^^ ?

August 25, 2011, 04:03:59 pm
Hi

I have the same problem that jwp123 had - I can connect with FTP to 192.168.1.111 but cannot locate the IP of the Camera for connecting with HTTP in order to view the UI.
At the beginning I tried to update the firmware using files from the firmware3.1_full.rar I downloaded from http://www.maygion.com/downloads/20100908/firmware3.1_full.rar but it did not help.
Then I downloaded the files that jwp123 attached and tried using them but it did not solve the problem as well. It did not even create the cs.ini file out of the cs.def.ini file.

Does anyone have a clue what can I do next?

Thanks!

Hi try one of this zipfile

August 25, 2011, 04:04:41 pm
Or this one

August 26, 2011, 09:12:14 am
Thanks jwp123, I tried both firmwares but both did not work for me.

Did you use the IPCamRepair.exe when you uploaded the firmware? I'm asking because in my case the IPCamRepair.exe does not find my camera. I can only connect using the FTP server to IP 192.168.1.111 and transfer files.
Were you able to find the IP of the camera after you uploaded the firmware and reboot?

Can you describe the exact process you did to fix the problem so I'll be able to try it myself?

Another question - Inside the folder /tmp/eye I have a file named "init.sh" which has the following content:
iwpriv ra0 set TxPower=100
cd /tmp/eye
./ldr&

Which means it tries to run a file named "ldr" but this files does not exist there. Do I miss this file?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:19:56 am by moomoo »

August 27, 2011, 03:21:19 am
jwp123, I just wanted to say that I love you. Lol. Was having a problem with my feed freezing virtually any time that I moved the camera, it would require a reboot each time. So I tried updating the firmware the app.bin www.bin way and semi-bricked the camera. Your attached mips-firmware file brought it back from the dead. So I owe you a round of thanks and a round of the finest virtual beer. ;D

August 27, 2011, 09:01:16 am
Thanks jwp123, I tried both firmwares but both did not work for me.

Did you use the IPCamRepair.exe when you uploaded the firmware? I'm asking because in my case the IPCamRepair.exe does not find my camera. I can only connect using the FTP server to IP 192.168.1.111 and transfer files.
Were you able to find the IP of the camera after you uploaded the firmware and reboot?

Can you describe the exact process you did to fix the problem so I'll be able to try it myself?

Another question - Inside the folder /tmp/eye I have a file named "init.sh" which has the following content:
iwpriv ra0 set TxPower=100
cd /tmp/eye
./ldr&

Which means it tries to run a file named "ldr" but this files does not exist there. Do I miss this file?

Hi, I just uploaded the files to 192.168.1.111, and after that (if all works correct) your cam should receive a IP adress from your router. I checked my DHCP client table in my router to see the IP adress of the cam. Beware that the default port is port 81 instead of 80! I did not use the repaircam.exe

It could be that you have another cam then i do, the mips firmware worked for me...