News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: adding digital IO to a cheap yosee ipcam  (Read 1516 times)

• No avatar
December 04, 2016, 02:05:37 pm
hi.. purchased my first ipcam. cheap as chips.  i had hoped that since they probably uses the same board for many different models that the io features would be present in some form.
sure enough when i cracked it open, there are 4 fat solder pads next to the power connector that look to be in a similar location and layout to the io connectors on more expensive cams.. however im getting no dc voltage or resistance changes on them when alarms are triggered.

the two outermost pads have a steady 3.3v between them, but the two central ones read 0 at all times.   

is it more complex than just connecting a relay or switch to the board there (or in another location)?

adviec most appreciated..   no idea of the real model number, or if yoosee is the actual manufacturer.    it has a grain cpu, wifi, ethernet and a 433mhz antenna for learning an alarm  trigger input.

this is the model:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Robot-IP-Camera-with-YYP2P-YOOSEE_60474946763.html

help most appreciated.

id like to trigger it using an old wired pir sensor (motion detector seems flaky) , and have it also trigger my old wired alarm when it activates.

• No avatar
December 04, 2016, 04:13:13 pm
My guess is that those are for the UART port.  The middle two are probably TX and RX.