News:

Re-organized the forum to more cleanly delineate the development section, as the end user support side appears to have taken a life of its own!

Author Topic: Help identify PT Network Camera  (Read 1561 times)

• No avatar
October 27, 2016, 03:03:12 pm
I received this IP Camera as an award from a website. The website says that the award was that of a Sennce SN-IP7800HD but the one I received is just some Chinese rebrand with not much except that I can access the web interface which is only IE friendly via the ActiveX access.

I've tried looking at TCPDump to see what data is being transmitted and where. 80 for UI and what looks to be 4001 for TCP traffic.

I can get a telnet prompt but no combination of admin or root seems to let me in
It's running a Hi3518E SoC but they (whoever they are) doesn't use the same root/pass that everyone on the net seem to mention.

I've tried iSpy and it doesn't seem to find a video feed either, but clearly there is because not only is the an ActiveX plugin for it, but there is also an Android and iOS app for it.

I'm just trying to get the video feed so I can make use of it. Otherwise, using IE9 and lower is just not useful.

• No avatar
December 04, 2016, 06:45:26 am
I received this IP Camera as an award from a website. The website says that the award was that of a Sennce SN-IP7800HD but the one I received is just some Chinese rebrand with not much except that I can access the web interface which is only IE friendly via the ActiveX access.

I've tried looking at TCPDump to see what data is being transmitted and where. 80 for UI and what looks to be 4001 for TCP traffic.

I can get a telnet prompt but no combination of admin or root seems to let me in
It's running a Hi3518E SoC but they (whoever they are) doesn't use the same root/pass that everyone on the net seem to mention.

I've tried iSpy and it doesn't seem to find a video feed either, but clearly there is because not only is the an ActiveX plugin for it, but there is also an Android and iOS app for it.

I'm just trying to get the video feed so I can make use of it. Otherwise, using IE9 and lower is just not useful.

Do a google search for ONVIF Manager and give that a try. I don't have much experience, but i have done a massive amount of reading and research, and this little program seems to be able to find just about anything, even if the camera is not on the same subnet as your computer... ISPY likely will not find it, unless it is on the same subnet, and standard default port numbers are used. Post back an let us know how you made out.