News:

Registered a URL and setup a forum as the IPCam stuff really needed its own site vs my irregular blog posts about IPCam hacking at http://www.computersolutions.cn/blog

Author Topic: GRAIN 8135S CPU SDK  (Read 2685 times)

• No avatar
August 06, 2016, 09:19:51 am
Hello, I've recently got a nice IP camera based on this chip: GRAIN 8135S.
As usually with these Chinese chips there is not much info much less a publicly available SDK even if this should be mandatory for the GPL part of the software (most of it).
I've seen that there available on the ftp server a SDK for an older version of this chip: GM8126 and I would like to get the one for the GM8135 but as usually even if Baidu finds the kit downloading it's impossible for a non-Chinese speaking person.

If some kind soul has this kit and wants to share please PM me, I can even compensate your efforts a bit.

Thanks in advance, Mircea

• No avatar
August 22, 2016, 06:57:36 pm
Good day all!

Have you got anywhere with this ???  (Grain GM8135S) SDK.  I've also got a bunch of these cameras.  The first issue I found when I hooked them up.  Was I had no direct connection to them.  I stuck them behind my analytical firewall and found when I could connect, I did so thru a foreign IP.  The only time I could really "Connect" to them was a simple ping.  Getting images from them took me to a weird IP, at which time I could get the 'live' images and play with the PT.  I therefore took one of them apart and was surprised to find that on the inside, one of the 'Antenna's' was not even connected.  (No wires even).  This got me much more curious, so I killed that specific IP on my firewall, and bango.  I could not talk to any of my cameras.  I could still ping them, but all the ports (There were only two) were shut down, and no video/audio to or from.  So my next idea was to flash a proper firmware.  That brings us to this topic. 

If anyone has any suggestions to firmware(s) to try, SDK's to play with, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

There are some interesting jumpers available on the main board, as well as some 'Missing' hardware.

I would be more than happy to share what I've found out so far about this particular IP camera.

Oh, and the best 'Model' I've come up with is the 'yoo-see' from china (of course). 

Again, I would be more than happy to share my findings and pictures if anyone is interested, and if anyone has any suggestions to try on this interesting PoS.

Cheers!