If anyone know this password for u-boot foscam cameras I can donate it via paypal
please TheUberOverLord don't reply if you don't want help me
Again, I am and have been trying to help you.
Having simply the password to u-boot will not
alone be enough to recover your FI9828W using a serial connection to your camera. This is because of the following:
1. All Foscam H.264 based camera firmware is encrypted. In most cases. Every firmware version uses a different encryption key and those encryption keys are not always the same for all Foscam camera models as well. I know of no case where the "Root" password for a Foscam H.264 based camera model matches the encryption key for the firmware version which is encrypted.
In many if not most cases. The firmware encryption key for the system firmware is not the same as the encryption key for the application firmware in any given firmware version. There are even posts here in this Forum for other Foscam H.264 based camera models. That verify this as fact, not fiction.
Those same post found here in this Forum for other Foscam H.264 based IP camera models also verify as fact. That different
encryption keys are
used for the application and system firmware for each firmware version. That those encryption keys, also change with new firmware releases.
2. A special .bin file is required to do serial recovery for this camera model. Your concept of trying to copy firmware from one of these camera models to the other in two segments. Won't end up working properly.
3. A Utility is required to reset the cameras MAC Address, UID and DDNS User Id and Password which still requires the Manufacturer to provide those values for the DDNS. Even a Authorized Foscam reseller does not have access to any cameras DDNS User Id and Password.
I have ALL Foscam H.264 based camera models, including the FI9828W camera model. Which is your camera model. To help do Alpha/Beta firmware and recovery testing for Foscam. So, my statements here are not speculation or conjecture. They are fact based.
4. I know this because I have tested serial recovery for this camera model as well as all other H.264 based Foscam camera models. To help Foscam verify that their serial recovery instructions and utilities, in fact worked as the instructions said they will.
5. It's obvious, that your past experiences with using u-boot to install firmware. Have not included dealing with encrypted firmware and the processes required to install that firmware in cameras that use encrypted firmware. Because, you would be asking for much more than simply the password to u-boot if this was not true.
For sure if you had any
experience in dealing with using a serial interface to copy encrypted firmware from one camera to another. You would not be saying as you have in another Forum. That if you only had the "password for u-boot" for the camera. That within 30 minutes you would have recovered the camera in question.
6. Most likely you would also not be using the phrase of "password for u-boot foscam cameras". Because the encryption keys for firmware vary by firmware version and camera model. Secondly, you're really looking for the "Root" password for the camera. Which also is not the same for all Foscam camera models and can also vary by firmware version. It's not just a generic password for u-boot. That always will work with all Foscam camera models and firmware versions.
So, while you think somehow I am not trying to help you. The opposite is true. I am trying to help you do this correctly and not incorrectly. Which by doing this incorrectly. Could brick your camera eternally.
So. Please see this:http://www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php/topic,1454.msg5044.html#msg5044Note:
Data areas and their memory address locations, that maintain your camera models camera configuration information, are not cast in stone. As they were with older MJPEG camera models or other camera brands and models you may have had experience recovering. They can change from firmware to firmware release for this camera model. So, as an example. Trying to copy firmware from one camera to another that was/is using a different firmware version. Can/could cause unrecoverable results. Due to that fact.
This is why the data area for the cameras settings is normally completely wiped out and re-initialized by using the special serial single recovery .bin file and utilities are used to reset factory default settings. Including but not limited to, the cameras MAC Address.
ALL of the cameras factory settings, including the cameras MAC address need to be wiped out and re-initialized. Which is why
the single .bin recovery file is used. Which overlays ALL
of the cameras memory. That was used by the camera before. Trying with this camera model to simply copy firmware and/or factory set camera data. From one camera to another. Is more than asking for trouble. Which is what I am trying to help you avoid.
There is not one single special serial recovery .bin file used for all Foscam H.264 based camera models. In many if not most cases, this special .bin file used for serial recovery is unique for each Foscam H.264 camera model.
I've tried my best to explain to you these facts. Here is Foscam's new policy on using the utilities required to recover your camera model: