News:

Added a Wiki, please help to add pages to the wiki! - http://wiki.openipcam.com

Author Topic: Foscam FI9828W U-Boot password  (Read 6676 times)

• No avatar
March 14, 2016, 05:07:22 pm
Hi

I need flash my Foscam FI9828W but I don't know password to enter U-boot

Anyone can help me what is this password to enter U-Boot in Foscam Cameras ?

March 14, 2016, 06:10:30 pm
Hi

I need flash my Foscam FI9828W but I don't know password to enter U-boot

Anyone can help me what is this password to enter U-Boot in Foscam Cameras ?

Please see this:

http://foscam.com/company/return-repair-policy.html

Note: You would need much more than simply the password for u-boot to recover this camera model, via USB TTL. A special .bin recovery file, Windows utilities and so on.

Because of that. Please use the email link directly to Foscam the manufacturer located in the link above.

Don

• No avatar
March 14, 2016, 06:57:40 pm
If anyone know this password for u-boot foscam cameras I can donate it via paypal

please TheUberOverLord don't reply if you don't want help me

March 14, 2016, 07:09:27 pm
If anyone know this password for u-boot foscam cameras I can donate it via paypal

please TheUberOverLord don't reply if you don't want help me

Again, I am and have been trying to help you.

Having simply the password to u-boot will not alone be enough to recover your FI9828W using a serial connection to your camera. This is because of the following:

1. All Foscam H.264 based camera firmware is encrypted. In most cases. Every firmware version uses a different encryption key and those encryption keys are not always the same for all Foscam camera models as well. I know of no case where the "Root" password for a Foscam H.264 based camera model matches the encryption key for the firmware version which is encrypted.

In many if not most cases. The firmware encryption key for the system firmware is not the same as the encryption key for the application firmware in any given firmware version. There are even posts here in this Forum for other Foscam H.264 based camera models. That verify this as fact, not fiction.

Those same post found here in this Forum for other Foscam H.264 based IP camera models also verify as fact. That different encryption keys are used for the application and system firmware for each firmware version. That those encryption keys, also change with new firmware releases.

2. A special .bin file is required to do serial recovery for this camera model. Your concept of trying to copy firmware from one of these camera models to the other in two segments. Won't end up working properly.

3. A Utility is required to reset the cameras MAC Address, UID and DDNS User Id and Password which still requires the Manufacturer to provide those values for the DDNS. Even a Authorized Foscam reseller does not have access to any cameras DDNS User Id and Password.

I have ALL Foscam H.264 based camera models, including the FI9828W camera model. Which is your camera model. To help do Alpha/Beta firmware and recovery testing for Foscam. So, my statements here are not speculation or conjecture. They are fact based.

4. I know this because I have tested serial recovery for this camera model as well as all other H.264 based Foscam camera models. To help Foscam verify that their serial recovery instructions and utilities, in fact worked as the instructions said they will.

5. It's obvious, that your past experiences with using u-boot to install firmware. Have not included dealing with encrypted firmware and the processes required to install that firmware in cameras that use encrypted firmware. Because, you would be asking for much more than simply the password to u-boot if this was not true.

For sure if you had any experience in dealing with using a serial interface to copy encrypted firmware from one camera to another. You would not be saying as you have in another Forum. That if you only had the "password for u-boot" for the camera. That within 30 minutes you would have recovered the camera in question.   

6. Most likely you would also not be using the phrase of "password for u-boot foscam cameras". Because the encryption keys for firmware vary by firmware version and camera model. Secondly, you're really looking for the "Root" password for the camera. Which also is not the same for all Foscam camera models and can also vary by firmware version. It's not just a generic password for u-boot. That always will work with all Foscam camera models and firmware versions.

So, while you think somehow I am not trying to help you. The opposite is true. I am trying to help you do this correctly and not incorrectly. Which by doing this incorrectly. Could brick your camera eternally.

So. Please see this:

http://www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php/topic,1454.msg5044.html#msg5044

Note:

Data areas and their memory address locations, that maintain your camera models camera configuration information, are not cast in stone. As they were with older MJPEG camera models or other camera brands and models you may have had experience recovering. They can change from firmware to firmware release for this camera model. So, as an example. Trying to copy firmware from one camera to another that was/is using a different firmware version. Can/could cause unrecoverable results. Due to that fact.

This is why the data area for the cameras settings is normally completely wiped out and re-initialized by using the special serial single recovery .bin file and utilities are used to reset factory default settings. Including but not limited to, the cameras MAC Address.

ALL of the cameras factory settings, including the cameras MAC address need to be wiped out and re-initialized. Which is why
the single .bin recovery file is used. Which overlays ALL of the cameras memory. That was used by the camera before. Trying with this camera model to simply copy firmware and/or factory set camera data. From one camera to another. Is more than asking for trouble. Which is what I am trying to help you avoid.

There is not one single special serial recovery .bin file used for all Foscam H.264 based camera models. In many if not most cases, this special .bin file used for serial recovery is unique for each Foscam H.264 camera model.

I've tried my best to explain to you these facts. Here is Foscam's new policy on using the utilities required to recover your camera model:

Don
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:09:51 am by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
March 14, 2016, 07:14:06 pm
I dont't use DDNS I know what I'm doing
You haven't this password I know you have only tool which doesn't need this password

You don't know how flash from u-boot

please don't reply in this topic

March 14, 2016, 07:17:34 pm
I dont't use DDNS I know what I'm doing
You haven't this password I know you have only tool which doesn't need this password

You don't know how flash from u-boot

please don't reply in this topic

I'm very aware and have been very aware, on "how to flash from u-boot". One of the many examples I have posted, on this subject matter:

http://www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php/topic,473.msg2577.html#msg2577

Please also see this:

Please Click On This To Learn More About Me

Please carefully re-read my prior post here. Because you are missing some Other very important details about your camera model and what's required for successful serial recovery of the Foscam FI9828W camera model:

http://www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php/topic,1454.msg5046.html#msg5046

Don
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:28:36 am by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
March 15, 2016, 06:03:56 am
I don't want tool I want password for u-boot

Copy encrypted firmware from one to another is working

You don't know how it works

I read your last messages on Foscam forum with bricked cameras where your solution is reset camera to factory default. You know that this won't work but you write this.
This is the same situation.

March 15, 2016, 10:51:49 am
I don't want tool I want password for u-boot

Copy encrypted firmware from one to another is working

You don't know how it works

I read your last messages on Foscam forum with bricked cameras where your solution is reset camera to factory default. You know that this won't work but you write this.
This is the same situation.

Please provide the direct link, to this fictitious post you claim I posted, or stop lying.

Because never have I ever suggested that using a cameras "Hard Reset" button can unbrick a camera.

Camera "Hard Reset" buttons, don't unbrick cameras. They "Reset" unbricked cameras to factory defaults. Nothing more.

The manufacturer in this case, maybe willing to help you. They could easily ship the main ("Working") PCB for the FI9828W camera model to you. Without the need to send a complete camera. That said. If you keep Lying and don't lose the "Attitude". I won't work with or help you with them, to get that possibly done.

When you disrespect and blatantly lie about people. Who are trying to help you because they won't give you Exactly what you want. Yet, their help in their way. Can and will help to resolve your issue. Odds are good, that at some point. Nobody will wish to try and help you. In any way!

If you can't lose the Attitude? I can only suggest that anyone seeking payment for this password. Should get a decent price, as well as make sure you don't/can't contest the payment shortly after getting the password only to have that payment canceled/refunded. Because you claim, that you did not get "What you paid for".

You, doing something like that. Would seem to fit your current disposition.

Don
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:58:31 am by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
March 15, 2016, 11:54:50 am
I don't lie but you

Your reply
http://foscam.us/forum/firmware-update-wrong-t18364.html?hilit=fi9828w

you know it load another firmware to camera and you tell him to reset camera

you lied write "Because never have I ever suggested that using a cameras "Hard Reset" button can unbrick a camera. "

Please give me direct contact to peple who send me new board

I write to support with problem on other IP camera FI9900P in december after firmware upgrade fail
I write all email number in all country I found - they didn't help me
21 december received reply from tech@foscam.com they will check workaround method
and they doesn' reply to me

March 15, 2016, 12:19:09 pm
I don't lie but you

Your reply
http://foscam.us/forum/firmware-update-wrong-t18364.html?hilit=fi9828w

you know it load another firmware to camera and you tell him to reset camera

you lied write "Because never have I ever suggested that using a cameras "Hard Reset" button can unbrick a camera. "

Please give me direct contact to peple who send me new board

I write to support with problem on other IP camera FI9900P in december after firmware upgrade fail
21 december received reply from tech@foscam.com they will check workaround method
and they doesn' reply to me

The Forum thread you reference. The person stated:

Quote from: soaoga
The FOSCAM 9828 does not appear in tool ipcam program! I reseitei and saw that it works[/] , but I can not see .

No, I can not log in because the camera does not appear and do not know how .

I would have never initially suggested for this person to re-try using the cameras reset button. Had the person in question not have said and stated "I reset and saw that it works".

After the person in question. Satisfied me that they indeed did hold down the reset button long enough for the camera to complete a hard reset which they said worked the first time ("See their quote above"). After they tried the reset again and it failed. I responded with:

Quote from: TheUberOverLord
Quote from: soaoga
No! Every procedure has been accomplished , but the camera does not appear in IP cam tool !
Please contact your seller to see how they say to proceed.

More details on why you should do this for some issues which may not be easily resolved here:

http://foscam.us/forum/suggested-ways-to-get-help-with-your-problems-t17459.html#p68356

Don

So your analysis of what I said and why, in that Forum thread. Was and is incorrect.

This link is/was also in my initial response to you, in this Forum thread:

http://www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php/topic,1454.msg5044.html#msg5044

The email address for the manufacturer can be found after going to that link:

Note: I also gave you this same link in another Forum as well and asked you to also contact the manufacturer by the email address found in it. I did that MANY... MANY... times there:

http://foscam.us/forum/fi9828w-problem-after-firmware-upgrade-t18399.html#p72047

So, now I wonder if you read any of my posts?

Don
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:30:06 pm by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
March 15, 2016, 12:25:49 pm
This isn't direct contact.

I don't think they help me.

March 15, 2016, 12:37:58 pm
This isn't direct contact.

I don't think they help me.

How is the email address, found at that link:

complain@foscam.com

Not a direct contact to the manufacturer? It goes to Foscam.com which IS the manufacturers website.

Please take the time to carefully read/re-read the page where this direct email address to the manufacturer is located:

As I have already stated to you, in the Foscam.us Forum:

http://foscam.us/forum/fi9828w-problem-after-firmware-upgrade-t18399.html#p72047

I'm a Moderator in the Foscam.us community Forum. I will help you. But you first need to contact them and explain your situation, in detail. That's not asking for much.

If you're not willing to try and do that. Then I can't help you with the manufacturer. So, do you wish to try and get your camera fixed or do you only wish to get the "Root" password for the camera? Time will tell.

Don
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:49:25 pm by TheUberOverLord »

• No avatar
March 15, 2016, 02:04:31 pm
Do you read my post ?

I contacted with @foscam.com in December
"I write to support with problem on other IP camera FI9900P in december after firmware upgrade fail
and they doesn' reply to me"

They don't help me !!!

March 15, 2016, 04:38:37 pm
Do you read my post ?

I contacted with @foscam.com in December
"I write to support with problem on other IP camera FI9900P in december after firmware upgrade fail
and they doesn' reply to me"

They don't help me !!!

I asked you to use a Specific email address to Foscam.

That said. We can do this your way.

I have sent you a PM ("Private Message") here in this Forum, with my email address. Please forward the emails you have sent to Foscam, to me. So I can see who it went to and what dates it was sent. Then I will work with Foscam using those emails which I will forward to the people I will work with at Foscam.

This will show the people at Foscam that I will work with at Foscam to resolve your issues. That you have tried and have been trying to get help since December, and have not received any help about your issues.

Thanks.

Don
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:47:00 pm by TheUberOverLord »